Hey, I'm new

Adusenka
Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, I'm Adusenka and I just signed up for this amazing site. I really hope I will find help and friends here, because I realized I am very nearly to became obese. My partner was being treated for cancer for last year, during which I gained almost 20kilos. I used this as an apology for me being overweight, but when some lady told me in tram that I was pregnant and I should sit down, it totally hit me.

Anyway, this is my short story and I really hope I will be accepted here and this site will help me.

Best of luck for all of you,
Adusenka

Replies

• Hi,

Welcome, I have only just signed up to this website just now. I am feeling like you I don't know how many times I have tried to lose weight. I have a number times and I get so close to my goal weight and then I lose the plot. I have put so much weight on since my hubby hasn't been working (3 1/2 months) thankfully he has a job now and I am cooking again. But I need to so desparately need to lose this extra weight. I hate being overweight as I am not happy with myself for letting myself get this way and tomorrow is a new day as I need motivation and hopefully these messages boards can help.

I hope your partner is on the mend. At least you are doing something now to improve your health and lifestyle changes. I am looking to look forward losing hopefully about 20kg's as well. Mel.
  • Adusenka
    Hi Mel :)

Thanks for your reply. I totally know how you feel and I believe we will make it through. It will require some hard work, but it will be worth it!
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Sounds like you have come through a tough time. But it seems you have become stronger because of it. Sometimes life gets in the way of doing or thinking of yourself. I'm sure during this tough time there were alot more serious issues to discuss. Now it's time to do something for yourself and your own health.
    Best of luck on your journey!!
  • Adusenka
    Thank you! :)
This discussion has been closed.