Exercising late night-which day do I log the exercise in???

Estrie123
Estrie123 Posts: 11
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok. Im totally sorry if this has been addressed before but....

If I work out at 1am, where do I log my exercise? Since its the start of a new day, with the new calorie day?

Example in case I'm not explaining myself clearly....Its August 22....I decide to work out around 11:30pm. Im still exercising at 12:30am, August 23, I dont finish exercising until 1am...where do I log the exercise? In August 22 or the 23? What if I didnt start exercising until 1am and worked out til 2am and then got ready for bed?

I ask this because I have a 2 year old and sometimes I have to wait for her to go to bed or my school work interfers or I slept in that morning and didnt get a chance to work out.

I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks for any help or advice :flowerforyou:

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    I think you should write the exercise in on the exact day your exercising. If your exercising at 1 am. log it in on that day,not the day before. As you mentioned, you do it alot and it all adds up in the end. I'm impressed your exercising at that time of day. I woke up after 4 hours of sleep at its 3:30 am where I am so if I eat something (which I'm planning on doing) I'm going to log it in on todays record. Hope that helps. :wink:
    Hugs,
    Ellen aka Robinsegg
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    I log my meals and workouts on MY day. I work 8pm-6am, so anything eaten after I wake is logged on the same day as when I eat at 2am. I eat breakfast on the 21st, lunch, then at 2am on the 22nd, I click back on the calendar and add it under the 21st, same as workouts. There's no reasoning behind this except that I've always done it this way.
  • For example, if you worked out late night I would put it in whatever day you were technically in all day. So, if it's Wed all day and you technically worked out at say 12am still put it in wed because you haven't slept yet. At least I always viewed the next day starting for me after I would sleep : )
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Ok. Im totally sorry if this has been addressed before but....

If I work out at 1am, where do I log my exercise? Since its the start of a new day, with the new calorie day?

Example in case I'm not explaining myself clearly....Its August 22....I decide to work out around 11:30pm. Im still exercising at 12:30am, August 23, I dont finish exercising until 1am...where do I log the exercise? In August 22 or the 23? What if I didnt start exercising until 1am and worked out til 2am and then got ready for bed?

I ask this because I have a 2 year old and sometimes I have to wait for her to go to bed or my school work interfers or I slept in that morning and didnt get a chance to work out.

I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks for any help or advice :flowerforyou:

It doesn't matter what day you log it, as long as you do log it and stay consistent. Personally, if I logged it after my session and it was 1am, I would log it as the new day.
This discussion has been closed.