How do I log standing in line to see Santa?

Options
cwolfman13
cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
Dumb question I'm sure and I used the search function but didn't find anything...but I'd really like to know what I should log for standing in line at the mall with my kiddos to see Santa...I mean, I was standing there for a good couple of hours and I kept my sweatshirt on and got all sweaty and stuff so I'm pretty sure I had a good burn. I was holding my 1 y.o. for at least 20 - 30 minutes too and he's pretty heavy (oh ****, am I going to bulk now?).

Not only that, but afterwards we walked around a bit and did some shopping...it was way more intense than usual shopping because there were a lot of people so I was having to zig and zag, etc...it was rough. And then of course, there was the to and from parking lot walk...we were way out in the lot due to not arriving early.

So I'm thinking it was a good 1500 calorie burnnnnnn baby! What should I log this as? Or should I just have an extra beer or two this afternoon?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
  • Ms_Hiit
    Ms_Hiit Posts: 488
    Options
    Yay for you...that means you have 1500 calories you can eat back and still lose weight!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    I say, log it as Fishing on River Bank, Standing.

Ho, Ho, Ho.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yay for you...that means you have 1500 calories you can eat back and still lose weight!

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin'....I should start doing this more often. Screw this gym stuff...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin'....I should start doing this more often. Screw this gym stuff...

you really should. and don't forget to log those heavy bags ur carrying. shopping when done right is totes cardio, where do you think the term "shop till you drop" came from
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope that you were nibbling on candy canes to keep your energy stores up, otherwise it's starvation mode time.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Rockin' around the Christmas tree? I think that would be the most accurate activity to log it under.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    More importantly, how will you log the cocktails you're gonna need to get over such a horrible experience? Of course, as a mom I always sent the kiddos with daddy for those mall experiences as my anxiety would have entailed a ton of frustration and then I would've picked one mother of a fight afterwards. That makes you a hero in my eyes!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    More importantly, how will you log the cocktails you're gonna need to get over such a horrible experience? Of course, as a mom I always sent the kiddos with daddy for those mall experiences as my anxiety would have entailed a ton of frustration and then I would've picked one mother of a fight afterwards. That makes you a hero in my eyes!

maybe you should go next time....so you could log the fight?
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That's pretty intense lifting too! I hope that you adhere to protein timing and drink some whey before you start on the cocktails.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Why would you even consider carrying your kid???
    1 year olds are fat to heavy to carry around you will bulk instantly! Tomorrow you will wake up looking like hulk!! Is thus what you want!?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Wow that's almost as much as kettlebells and zumba.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

maybe you should go next time....so you could log the fight?
    Ah, horrible experiences, drinking and fighting. Good to see people have not lost the christmas spirit.
  • Ms_Hiit
    Ms_Hiit Posts: 488
    Options

you really should. and don't forget to log those heavy bags ur carrying. shopping when done right is totes cardio, where do you think the term "shop till you drop" came from

You two have really motivated me to call a friend with a kid to go see Santa so I can eat an entire chocolate cheesecake tonight...I've already burned quite a few calories from stirring the curry I'm making so I get to eat big without consequences today!!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    OMG, OMG,OMG!!!! You saw Santa??!?!?! My heart rate elevated at the sheer prospect of taking my pic with him.

BRB....gonna log that as exercise.......
  • One_Fur_luck
    Options
    D'ont listen to all the HATERS.

If it works for you log it. We are all different.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    It depends. A lot of different thinks affect it. Are you holding a child or anything else? If so, be sure to take that into consideration. Also, are you being antsy, jumping around bc you can't wait your turn? I'd probably log that portion as walking or running in place, depending on the intensity. And, when you sit on his lap, that would probably count as a squat bc you're not really sitting down all the way; you're holding yourself up. So, before you go to see Santa, time yourself doing squats to see how long it takes you to do one, and however long you're on Santa, divide that by the length of time it takes you to do a squat. Good luck on your workout!
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    How many egg nog lattes from Starbucks did you consume while waiting?

You're a good dada! Hope kids reaction was worth it.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I say you earned an entire large pepperoni pizza and a pint of Ben & Jerrys.
    Agreed. That's how I deal with similar strenuous workouts. Don't let starvation mode win! You'll ruin your metabolism.