Tom's BBQ

Jacole18
Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So I am going to Ton's BBq for dinner tonight and I browsed the menu online and the only semi healthy thing I see is the grilled chicken sandwich. I plan on getting beans (for protein) and maybe coleslaw as my sides or skip them all together. Any suggestions? Thanks my friends!

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    How was your dinner? Just make sure you drink a lot of water today to flush out the sodium. That is what I do when I eat out. Even if you choose healthy meals at restaurants they still put a ton of salt in their foods. :noway: Unless you just get raw veggies at the salad bar...:laugh: Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    So I am going to Ton's BBq for dinner tonight and I browsed the menu online and the only semi healthy thing I see is the grilled chicken sandwich. I plan on getting beans (for protein) and maybe coleslaw as my sides or skip them all together. Any suggestions? Thanks my friends!

Check out baked beans before indulging. Many of them are loaded with a slab of fat back and tons TONS of brown sugar. Now do not get me wrong, I eat them..............love them as a matter of fact............but when I am on strict deficit I avoid like the plague.

corn on the cob with no butter (great this time of year!0
    slaw not so bad, just let the juice drain a bit
    bbq chicken breast or the grilled sandwhich is good (make sure they don't slath the bun with butter!! )

Some places offer a green salad. The BBQ sauce is usally OK-low fat, high sodium but oh so worth it!!

Have fun! There are good selections to be made where ever we eat and we can still have fun!!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    WELL......I gave in to temptation because I was with my whole family and I ate and ate and ate! BUT, it was a mistake to learn from, and I have to move on! I am ok, and I will not be eaten by guilt! :) Thanks everyone for ur kind words and suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.