Having Trouble Not Drinking With Meals?

Options
Hi everyone. I'm 2.5 weeks post op and it is SO hard for me to not drink with my meals. I just feel thirsty! Any way to combat this or is it just a habit I need to get into?

(EDIT) Meant to post this is the VSGers Boards! I had gastric sleeve surgery and a rule is not to drink 30mins before or after meals. Sorry!

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Post-op what? Is there a reason you're not permitted to take in liquids? Or is it specific kinds of liquids you're not allowed to consume (I ask because obviously there are lots of options).
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with drinking with your meals?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    What surgery? If you drink enough water through the day (and not soda, juice or alcohol) you shouldn't be thirsty at all.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Oh no. A mystery medical condition. :bigsmile:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I believe OP is post operative from bariatric surgery, as one of the "rules" is to avoid drinking while eating.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    Be aware that excessive thirst is a symptom of diabetes. If you are experiencing excessive thirst, please ask your doctor to have your blood glucose tested.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    post op bariatric not able to drink d/t volume issues...can you suck on ice chips?
  • Zizelly
    Options
    Sorry everyone, meant to post this in the VSGers board! I had gastric sleeve surgery.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone, meant to post this in the VSGers board! I had gastric sleeve surgery.

Ah! :laugh: Take care. :flowerforyou: