Has anyone lost weight with Hypothyroidism?

Options
2»

Replies

• silveropes
    silveropes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When It was discovered that I had graves (hyperthyroidism) I lost a lot of weight was starving eating everything in sight and losing up to 10 lbs a week. Now that its been removed and my meds regulated I've gained 10lbs a month almost like clock work.

I don't feel normal I'm tires all the time. I just don't feel right... In January I will be on hubby's insurance so I will go and look at the T3 and armor which have all been on my radar to try. I'm tired of going to bed at 7:30 to 8 pm b/c I have nothing left to give.

I hope I can lose through mfp.
  • jendonehoo
    jendonehoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds since February. I was diagnosed with hypothyroid in 2009. I have had many dietary and environmental changes this year, though. I had to switch from levothyroxine to Thyradin because that what they have in Japan. I don't drive anymore, so I ride my bike, take the subway/train, or walk. In the US, I ate cashew butter, yogurt and toast for breakfast, but cashew butter doesn't exist here, so now I eat 1 scrambled egg and toast. I eat a similar lunch, though I added the morning yogurt to my lunch time (lunch is fruit, yogurt, and bean soup or a burrito). For dinners, I eat tofu, beans or cheese with bread, pasta, or rice with vegetables. I eat portions that are about 30% smaller than in the US for dinner. I don't eat snacks Monday-Thursday. When I go out to eat here, portions are not gigantic, because this is Japan. (If I were in the US, I would probably eat about 1/3 of what they gave me, for reference to the portion size). I generally consume between 1200-1800 calories a day, and exercise between 200-1000 calories a day (average is 500). My exercise is generally aerobics, walking, or biking. I pretty much make all my food from scratch, and I try to limit the fat in my food. I don't eat any meat, fish or poultry. I also eat very little cheese because Japanese cheese is not that great, and I have to pay a awful lot to get decent cheese. (I mainly eat yogurt when it comes to dairy).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!