Back Pain and Exercise

Options
Anyone having trouble getting in exercise with back pain? I have recently started having real problems with my back. I am seeing a Dr but have not gotten to the root cause. I cannot walk or stand for long periods of time. So no treadmill no upright biking, etc... Anyone with any suggestions on what I can do? TIA

Replies

• Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Have you considered seeing a chiropractor?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Swimming might be a good option. I agree with seeing a doctor, as well as a chiropractor. I had back pain for many years and saw a naturopath who also did chiropractic adjustments. My back is much better now, and I am able to do all activities. Core work is also a must, once you get it approved by your doc:)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Physios often recommend Pilates- but see someone medical first.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Swimming.
    Can you use a recumbent bike? I guess x trainer is out of the question.
    I hope the doc finds the root of the problem soon.
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Have you considered seeing a chiropractor?

I have not seen a chiropractor. I will look into seeing one. Thank you very much
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Swimming.
    Can you use a recumbent bike? I guess x trainer is out of the question.
    I hope the doc finds the root of the problem soon.

I will try a recumbent as I do not hurt while sitting
  • jadalady
    jadalady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You might also get relief from seeing an acupuncturist... I have gone that route, and mine also does very gentle osteopathic manuevering. I have been to chiropractors in the past with good results as well. Take care & good luck!
  • Debrawilliams121
    Options
    I was suffering from back pain last month and I consulted a Chiroplast in ErinMillsHealth, Ontario. I was diagnosed and found that it is due to subluxation. Some Naturopathic treatment were given and told me to do some exercises. Now I’m getting better. You to consult any Chiroplast and have medical treatment at the earliest.
  • darcyinmo
    darcyinmo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What kind of shoes are you wearing? I had back pain too with plantar fascitis and it was suggested I get a good pair of shoes. I did and now no pain!!!!