NSV = Acceptance!

erinm5
erinm5 Posts: 55 Member
So I have had my first major NSV.. I realized that I have one body and I can choose to love it at all stages or I can hate it when I slip into bad habits. I have learned that progress is something to celebrate and that slip ups are something to be learned from, not to hate myself over. Sure i could eat healthier but I went from 7 months of sitting on my butt feeling bad for myself to training and lifting heavy 2 to 3 to 4 times a week. I have been doing so for about 3 and a half months so far. The scale hasn't gone down but it hasn't gone up either! I have noticed that I am more toned, and happier. It isn't just about that number, it is about accepting the person in the mirror no matter what the number says.

Sorry for my rant! I am just happy =)

Replies

• Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    That's awesome! It starts in the mind! Congratulations!
  • erinm5
    erinm5 Posts: 55 Member
    Thank you so much for the support! you know, I always heard that but didn't really understand it until recently =)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Tone is the way to go! You are doing great :drinker:

My weight fluctuates like crazy. It's just the way I'm built. I can look at food and gain, I can be stressed and lose for no other reason. But - my size doesn't really change. Doubt I'll hit the 118 I want but I'm a small and a size 5 so I'm not sure I care. Look at my numbers. 135lbs at 5'1" height should be much bigger than I am. But I'm tone - everywhere - and that's all that really matters to me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!