Crossfit question

Options
I Have been thinking about giving crossfit a try, I am not self disciplined enough to do this on my own so it will have to wait until I can afford to join a class (I do better with a little competition Anyway) but I would like to hear pro's and con's from people who have done conventional strength/cardio workouts then tried crossfit

my biggest concern is time ... and recovery time. ... lol

Replies

• FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    Crossfit is high volume the biggest thing to remember is keeping forme correct. Otis easy to get hurt trying to do high volume and sacrificing forme.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    there are pros and cons to crossfit. i think that many people tend to throw themselves 100% into it, going from exercising very little, to going 6 days a week, and that is where a lot of injuries come from.

to supplement your work outs, like to go 2-3 times a week, i think crossfit is great. i know a lot of people like the class aspect of things, and the competitiveness. here is a good article about the pro's and con's of crossfit: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/03/01/a-beginners-guide-to-crossfit/

a lot of places will offer a free class on the weekends for you to try out, so see what is out there.