what help you most to lose weight.

Options
Hello everyone,
I am new here on MFP and really appreciate the support of this forum. I need some guidance about workout. I have started to eat my net calories but I am unable to stick to any workout yet.
in past power yoga help me to lose weight but I am kind of person get bored easily.I need some ideas as I am obese and don't think HIIT or any intense workout is an option for me.I can't go outside to walk because of personal problem. I have elliptical trainer but again I get bored to do same kind of workout. if you suggest me good one and easy one ( I have knee problem thanks to my weight).
confused.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Walking really is the best option for people who have difficulty establishing a workout routine or don't desire joining a gym. I am fortunate enough to have a high quality treadmill to use during our desert summers and I take my dog out during the rest of the year.

If you live in a neighborhood where walking is impossible, try to find a mall and walk there. Listen to an audiobook. People watch.
  • Cammy_girl
    Cammy_girl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Try Wii fit/ Xbox something like that for variety and to ease into it.
    Search on youtube for beginner workouts, create a playlist and rotate them day to day.
    I have started 30 Day Shred and have about twice as much as you to lose. It's full on, but only 25ish minutes and i modify as needed.
    Buy some beginner exercise DVDs
    Mixture of above.
    Buy some hand weights, kettlebell etc and use with above.
    Gym, if that's an option. Most I've joined have provided me with a workout schedule based on my fitness and goals.

That's all I can think of atm.

Just remember to log your exercise and eat back most of your calories so you don't get too hungry/tired/slow down weight loss.

Feel free to friend me
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight without any exercise. Calories, calories, calories :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit and strength training
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Kettlenetics is great - uses a kettlebell. (Well it also COMES with the kb.) If you get bored easily, try having other DVDs available as well. Leslie Sansone is a good low impact indoor walking exercise. I like that you can start out with the 1-mile and then work your way up to 2- or 3-mile. Even the Richard Simmons DVDs are good for low-impact.

Do you have a TV set up by your elliptical machine? If not, that might be something to add. If you have Netflix, maybe find a TV series you like and ONLY allow yourself to watch it while on the elliptical machine. That way it gives you an incentive to workout. I know I definitely need some sort of visual stimulation when on a treadmill or recumbent bike, otherwise I get bored.
  • fatladygoingslim
    Options
    Walking really is the best option for people who have difficulty establishing a workout routine or don't desire joining a gym. I am fortunate enough to have a high quality treadmill to use during our desert summers and I take my dog out during the rest of the year.

If you live in a neighborhood where walking is impossible, try to find a mall and walk there. Listen to an audiobook. People watch.

Good suggestion.thanks
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    COMMITMENT. Why? Because one could lose their support, their job, their gym and even get an injury, but commitment will always help one succeed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • twixlepennie
    Options
    COMMITMENT. Why? Because one could lose their support, their job, their gym and even get an injury, but commitment will always help one succeed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

+1
  • MaritzK
    MaritzK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Eat less carbs and more protein, don't drink alcohol and workout 6 times a week :) It's hard but it works for me
  • fatladygoingslim
    Options
    @ kimbernada and cammygirl really nice suggestion. I enjoy home DVDs but now I think I am afraid if it hurt me or not. I am on my heaviest weight in my whole life. I can't lose weight by calorie deficit l only hope and I pray I could but I can't. so I need a good workout to help me lose weight.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Aside from tracking here, every month choosing a new behavioral goal. This month is it eating only at a table with no distractions. Last month, it was not eating after dinner.

I've found if I can sustain something for 30 days (it doesn't have to be perfect) then it becomes a habit.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    finding this site enabling me to log calories accurately and now able to log accurately mentally and control my weight.

It s all its good for bar the odd lol !!
  • tx_mom72
    Options
    Determination. I've lost most of my weight by just counting calories. But as I've lost it makes me want to exercise to help it along even more. I've also found making friends on here helps a lot too! :flowerforyou:
  • twixlepennie
    Options
    @ kimbernada and cammygirl really nice suggestion. I enjoy home DVDs but now I think I am afraid if it hurt me or not. I am on my heaviest weight in my whole life. I can't lose weight by calorie deficit l only hope and I pray I could but I can't. so I need a good workout to help me lose weight.

:huh:
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    LCHF
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I get bored easily, too. Have you tried Tabata? Check out fitnessblender.com. They have a lot of different workouts at different fitness levels that are far from boring (and you can do them without ever leaving your living room.)

Also, maybe you'd like to try an activity outside of the gym that interests you? My boyfriend and I rock climb and it is super fun and a hell of a good workout!
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    What is helping me most is...

1. I drink Green Tea like it's going out of style. I probably polish off about 8 - 10 cups a day.

2. I take my dogs for 2 - 45 minute walks a day (sometimes 3, depending on the weather). I walk at a brisk pace.

3. I stay under my 1500 calorie a day limit.

This is all I do. I don't use videos or pills or trainers and I've never seen the inside of a gym.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight my eating at a moderate calorie deficit. I exercise about 4 times a week and ate my exercise calories back until August. Then I switched to the TDEE method, which includes my exercise calories in my daily calorie goal.

In terms of weight loss, what is it that you think exercise will do for you that you don't believe you can accomplish with a calorie deficit? They're kind of 2 sides to the same coin. You could eat at maintenance and use exercise to burn more calories and create a deficit, or you could use the MFP program and eat at a deficit plus eating your exercise calories. The results should be very similar. Either way, weight loss is dependent upon a calorie deficit. I can't see your food diary, so I don't know what your diet looks like, but my suggestion would be to give a deficit a solid try for a few weeks. Log your exercise and everything you eat accurately and consistently, and you might be surprised.

As far as exercise goes, there are tons of free workouts on YouTube. Just do a search for anything that sounds interesting. There are lots of yoga flows and power yoga workouts, and I'm sure you can find plenty of low impact workouts as well. :smile:
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Mine was mostly because of calories. I also did walking and jogging on the treadmill...mixed in with some of the Jillian workouts.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:huh:

Ummm...exercise is for fitness, losing weight is dependent on a calorie deficit. Not sure how you plan on losing weight if you aren't eating at a calorie deficit.