How often do you update your weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• vdubteach23
    Options
    I weigh weekly. Doing it daily can discourage you and make you focus too much on the number instead of how you feel and how your clothes fit, etc. I do it on a Tuesday that way it's after the weekend, I used to do it on Friday and if I had a great weight loss I would splurge on the weekends. This way I get my eating on track everyday. Good luck to you!
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing daily and trying to log daily too, even if it's disappointing sometimes. I figure that I might see a correlation between TOM (also logging that under extra food notes for lack of a better place to put it) and weight fluctuations and similarly, sodium intake.

What I've noticed so far is that the general trend is down. I can take joy in the trend as well as the number :smile:

Mirii
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    I think logging it once a week is more accurate in your weight loss. It can be disappointing if you weigh everyday and see you might have gained pounds from morning to night.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I weight myself irregularily and only log it if it's below what was logged before.
    Everything in my life seems to be irregular of late... :grumble:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Wii weighs me daily but I only pay attention to my once a month weight. I can flux 5 pounds during that time easy with where ever the hormone are at the time. Every month my weight is down so I don't let the fluxes ruin the momentum.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I log every time I hit a new low. I was bouncing between 164 - 166 for 2 months. I finally hit 163.6 this morning - so I logged it. :bigsmile:
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but have decided to only log it on MFP on Wednesdays. I like to see a bigger loss in a week.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Anytime I weigh and lose. I only officially weigh twice a week. Monday & Friday so either of those days.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself just about everyday... but I only update my ticker every saturday and my measurements every other saturday.
  • mrstullier09
    Options
    Does your ticker automatically update when your account shows you've lost weight? Also, if I have a weight to enter for yesterday since I started my diet yesterday, can I go back and enter yesterday's weight then enter today's weight?
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, sometimes several times a day. :blushing:

I log my weight on Wednesday and Sundays and only log losses. If I (because that never happens, right?) do gain I don't log it unless it becomes a longer term gain....like for a couple weeks?

I do weigh myself the same time every morning and that is the weight that I go by.
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Options
    Once a week for me - only if it's changed. Now that I am maintaining it doesnt get updated often.
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Does your ticker automatically update when your account shows you've lost weight? Also, if I have a weight to enter for yesterday since I started my diet yesterday, can I go back and enter yesterday's weight then enter today's weight?

Yes and yes. :smile: