I can shop at Walmart Again!!!

Options
LOL.. Okay first of all for some of you who are not 300 lbs plus, it sounds silly but let me explain the issue.

You see Walmart stops at a lovely size 3x clothes. In January I was wearing a 5x shirt, so Walmart, Target, JCPenny were all off my shopping list. Only Big and Tall stores.

This morning I was so eager to start my super week, that I scheduled a nice treadmill session this morning at the Gym. Work up early, had breakfast, changed into my Gym clothes and head to the Gym and then to work. About 2/3 of the way to work [ a 45 mile commute], I released that i had forgotten my work clothes. I am a manager so Gym shorts and a dirty, stained, torn T-shirt is not going to work. neither is going home to retrieve them else I would miss my Gym and be late to work as well. AND NOTHING WAS GOING TO KEEP ME FROM THE GYM!!!

After the workout, with only 15 minutes before work, I could not locate a Big and Tall store, In desperation I drove to Walmart in hopes of finding perhaps a 4x T-shirt until lunchtime. Unable to fnd a 4x shirt, I decided to try on a 3x polo shirt for $9.99, actually $12.99 after the fat tax.[The surcharge on "extended sizes" as walmart calls it], perhaps I can pull and tag on it. You know how that goes. :) My mouth dropped as I slid into the shirt with no pressure points. It fit!! And it was a department store cut. The big people know that Walmart and other low price clothing stores are always undercut. A Big and Tall 3x is similar to a department 2x.

Anyway, off to work I went with renewed vigor to go to the Gym again this afternoon for the rest of my workout. It is amazing how the little things make such a big difference in ones motivation. To all those people struggling yo fit those old clothes, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Just wanted to share, perhaps it can inspire someone as it has inspired me.

Replies

• ophedian
    ophedian Posts: 78
    Options
    LOL.. Okay first of all for some of you who are not 300 lbs plus, it sounds silly but let me explain the issue.

You see Walmart stops at a lovely size 3x clothes. In January I was wearing a 5x shirt, so Walmart, Target, JCPenny were all off my shopping list. Only Big and Tall stores.

This morning I was so eager to start my super week, that I scheduled a nice treadmill session this morning at the Gym. Work up early, had breakfast, changed into my Gym clothes and head to the Gym and then to work. About 2/3 of the way to work [ a 45 mile commute], I released that i had forgotten my work clothes. I am a manager so Gym shorts and a dirty, stained, torn T-shirt is not going to work. neither is going home to retrieve them else I would miss my Gym and be late to work as well. AND NOTHING WAS GOING TO KEEP ME FROM THE GYM!!!

After the workout, with only 15 minutes before work, I could not locate a Big and Tall store, In desperation I drove to Walmart in hopes of finding perhaps a 4x T-shirt until lunchtime. Unable to fnd a 4x shirt, I decided to try on a 3x polo shirt for $9.99, actually $12.99 after the fat tax.[The surcharge on "extended sizes" as walmart calls it], perhaps I can pull and tag on it. You know how that goes. :) My mouth dropped as I slid into the shirt with no pressure points. It fit!! And it was a department store cut. The big people know that Walmart and other low price clothing stores are always undercut. A Big and Tall 3x is similar to a department 2x.

Anyway, off to work I went with renewed vigor to go to the Gym again this afternoon for the rest of my workout. It is amazing how the little things make such a big difference in ones motivation. To all those people struggling yo fit those old clothes, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Just wanted to share, perhaps it can inspire someone as it has inspired me.
  • mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Options
    awesome:smile:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    That's wonderful Ophedian!! That's a fantastic milestone!! (And you didn't have to eat grass and weeds to get there! hahahahahaha

Sorry everyone that was from a previous post last week.
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats I know that feels so good to know that your hard work paid off!! Keep it up:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good for you man. Keep up the good work.

Tim
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That can-do attitude will take you a long way.:smile:
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    Congrats... I remember when I was too big for wal-mart... I had to wear granny cloths from the fat granny magazine... lol... I mean no offense but that is the way I felt when I was 20 and weighed 330lbs... I wore a size 30... sheesh... I can now buy cloths at most places with a plus dept.... but I will be glad when that qualifier is no longer needed...
    Jenn
  • sportsmomof2
    Options
    Woo Hooo!

Thats great! Congrats.....Keep on movin! Your doing awesome!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know that's a great feeling. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I can not wait to shop at "walmart" again
    Congrats... I remember when I was too big for wal-mart... I had to wear granny cloths from the fat granny magazine... lol... I mean no offense but that is the way I felt when I was 20 and weighed 330lbs... I wore a size 30... sheesh... I can now buy cloths at most places with a plus dept.... but I will be glad when that qualifier is no longer needed...
    Jenn

I am so with you! I now have to order my clothes. I hope to be at least back into Lane Bryant,Fashion Bug, and Cato by June. Then it is on to the any store with a plus size section, and then out of plus size all together. :bigsmile:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Congrats! At last your work is really paying off! :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!, I remember when I was able to stop shopping in the plus sizes, it was so exciting to be able to have a variety of stores again. And I don't have to spend 60 bucks on a pair of jeans anymore!!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My mouth dropped as I slid into the shirt with no pressure points. It fit!!

That's the greatest feeling, isn't it! Keep it up!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: That is so awesome!!!! Congrats :heart:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    thats great !!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • honeybee71
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Smilineyes