Watching my calories? Help! (feel like its not working)

Options
Even though I'm staying under/on my calorie goal I feel like this is not working because I'm not eating as healthy as I could be/ excising enough. Thoughts?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    So eat healthier and exercise.

Also be sure your calorie goal is right for you
    Weigh and measure everything you eat
    Log everything you eat
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? If you are staying at/under your calorie goal, you will see changes eventually. MFP has already calculated your calorie deficit so that you should (in theory at least) lose weight if you accurately log what you eat each and every day and hit/stay under your calorie goal.

I will say that logging accurately by using a food scale and measuring everything you eat, and logging every single bite that passes your lips is the key to success. Exercise is great too, but you don't need to be doing heaps of it to succeed. Like any habit, it takes time to get into it so don't beat yourself up if you aren't able to do heaps just yet.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know what you need to do... "and knowing is half the battle."
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm staying under/on my calorie goal I feel like this is not working because I'm not eating as healthy as I could be/ excising enough. Thoughts?

How you eat and whether you exercise is your choice. All that is needed to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit. I don't know how long you've trying to lose weight, but my advice is to simply stick with it and give it time.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

How you eat and whether you exercise is your choice. All that is needed to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit. I don't know how long you've trying to lose weight, but my advice is to simply stick with it and give it time.

This.

I lost 20 of my 30 lbs doing NOTHING while eating a fair share of junk, and JUST sticking to calorie deficit.