Looking for friends while trying to lose 20 kg

Options
This is my first post since I joined MFP and I’m hoping to make friends here. So please read on and if you can relate-to or find anything interesting in my post please do add me.

I am born and bred in Mumbai. Recently, I started the Bipasha Basu Fit & Fabulous You Workout. If any of you are in Mumbai and are following this workout, please please please do add me as a friend. I would love to exchange notes. My sister gifted the dvd to me two years back but I didn’t take it very seriously then. Its my fifth day of the beginner’s routine. The two exercises I am still trying to cope with are jumping jacks and side plank. The latter is right now impossible for me to perform. On the third day, I was feeling over-confident and tried to tackle the advanced workout routine despite the official warning. Luckily no harm done but I’m pretty sure I am not going to do that until I have mastered the beginner’s. Only trouble is how to log the 25 minutes into MFP. Any suggestions?

I started MFP in March this year, when I accidentally stumbled upon the app in the playstore on my HTC. At that time, I felt the alarm bells ringing when my weight reached 75.5 kg (166.5 lb). Since my height is only 159cm (5’ 2”) and, according to that, my ideal weight should be between 55-60 kg (121-132 lb), I was almost 20 kg (44 lb) overweight. BMI bordering on obesity. Not good at all.

In the first couple of months, when I followed my calorie and exercise goals carefully, I lost 5 kg and felt really good. For the first time in three years, something was working for me. Then, in the following months, mostly due to an erratic work schedule (where I had to be in office almost 14 hours a day, weekends included), I gave up on the exercise and tried to only control my calorie intake. Hoping that would still help and my weight-loss would not be hampered due to lack of exercise. That didn’t work. My weight bounced back upwards to 74 kg. Rather than losing my faith in MFP, I felt a renewed confidence in giving it another try.

So for the last few months I have tried to be as honest as possible about my calorie intake and exercise routine. For starters, I quit my crazy job. My family has been very supportive of my decision and I am grateful for that. I couldn’t have done it without them. Then I re-visited my MFP goals and stuck to them. Last month, I felt rewarded when I found I had lost 3 kg. I am due for a weigh-in pretty soon now and my fingers are crossed.

I was not always overweight. I seemed to have gained at a tremendous speed in the last four years and that worries me. Obesity can lead to other disorders. The most important thing for me is to keep fit and stay healthy. I am an asthmatic with a plethora of food and dust allergies. MFP has helped me gain the confidence I needed in limiting my food intake and yet eating all my favourite dishes without the guilt of putting on more weight.