10lbs lighter than last year but still not at my goal!

Options
Hi Everyone

This time last year I was 136lbs and had a face like a hamster... as of today I am 126lbs which has been a long time coming (taken a few breaks this year but always gone back to it)

My ultimate goal is 119lbs and struggling to get there, at the moment I barely lose 1lb a week. I have been running over the past few weeks, I walk everyday. Does anyone have any tips to help shift these last few lbs?

Merry Christmas from the UK

xx

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on your progress over the past year! Sounds like you've worked hard and are reaping the benefits! Awesome!

As to your question, those last few pounds are a KILLER. They are notoriously slow at coming off so the fact that you're STILL losing (even if it's less than a pound per week) is pretty much right where you need to be. I know it sucks but patience is definitely a virtue at this point.

A few tips to help you out though is that you may want to try incorporating HIIT workouts. Bursts of short but WAY intense cardio followed by some recovery time. So while you're running, build in a few bursts of 10 - 20 seconds where you run at TOP speed and then recover for a minute and then do it again 4 or 5x. This revs up the metabolism and burns more fat throughout the day.

I'm not sure what your diet looks like but if you haven't already, look at ways where you can "clean" it up a bit. Is there a bit too much sugar or sodium that you could swap out? Maybe add some more greens? Diet will definitely be key at this point!

Feel free to add me! :)