Bowflex and calories burned ?

Options
I use bowflex blaze 20 minutes a day 3 times a week and I cant figure out about how many calories it burns, anyone have any idea ?

Replies

• sksharma1011
    sksharma1011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Depends on how hard you think youre exerting yourself. Log it as strength training, but if you think that you deserve more calories then throw a couple minutes on. Strength training is great because it increases your metabolism for the next 36 hours, so while it looks like cardio gets the calorie burning glory-- strength training continues to burn calories well after your workout.
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    Depends on how hard you think youre exerting yourself. Log it as strength training, but if you think that you deserve more calories then throw a couple minutes on. Strength training is great because it increases your metabolism for the next 36 hours, so while it looks like cardio gets the calorie burning glory-- strength training continues to burn calories well after your workout.

I kinda leads towards cardio really, I work with just 210 resistance and I do normally 5 sets of 10 of bench press , Trunk Rotation, ,Leg Press, Leg Curl and Seated Lat Row.
  • horchler
    horchler Posts: 10
    Options
    Does myfitnesspal take the 36 hours of boosted metabolism into effect? I have been curious about the strength training, too.
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    I have a TotalGym and have used it over the past few months and lost about 20 pounds. Recently I found a subscription website that acts like a personal trainer for the TotalGym. (TotalGymWorkout.Com) It asks for my goals and where I am at fitness-wise and then creates a program for me. When I enter my workout results, it calculates calories burned. I do not know how accurate it's calculations are but I do know it is helping me work on muscle groups I was missing over the last few months. I did a search and found what might be a similar program for the BowFlex (http://www.blisslogik.com/en/products/fitnessblissbow/). In addition I use an elliptical. I found MyFitnessPal this weekend and have started using it. My thoughts are I have lost all the easy weight and now I need to get organized to reach my long term goal of getting back to my college weight of 40 years ago. I hope the BowFlex website works for you. Check it out.
  • petula14
    Options
    I had the same question since I use a bowflex 4 times a week for an hour. I found out this info:
    For weight loss to occur, you need to burn off more calories than you consume. The amount of calories you actually burn during exercise depends on a number of factors: the intensity of your workout, your size and your efficiency level. A general strength-training session, performed on the Bowflex, burns approximately 120 calories in a half hour for a 150-lb. woman. Make that session extra vigorous, with exercises performed in concession and no breaks between sets, and you might up that burn to about 200 calories in a half hour
    Hope this helps.