A lesson learned....the icky way

MzBug
MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I didn't sleep well last night. I got out of bed this morning groggy, achy, and feeling hung over. No I didn't drink or abuse any other substance last night. I was also starving!

I stumbled down stairs to make my coffee. I usually have a couple cups of coffee before I eat breakfast. I got the coffee started and decided that I was going to eat breakfast early since my stomach thought the throat had been cut. I get my bowl out for oatmeal, put in the splenda, grab the red topped cinn bottle and add a bunch, grab the brown topped bottle and add my nutmeg. I put in the 1/2 c of oats, water and pop it in the microwave. I peel 2 eggs and pitch the yolks in the disposal. Ding! Oatmeal is ready.

I add my 1/2 pat of butter (I know I know) and stir it up. I grab my coffee and head for the table. I ate my egg whites and got about half a cup of coffee in me. I took a bite of my oatmeal.... and it hit the wall opposite the table! My boyfriend had cooked last night and moved the spices around. I got the nutmeg, but what I thought was the cinn was actually cayenne pepper!

Lesson learned.... don't fix breakfast without coffee first!

Replies

• too funny!!!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    very funny :)
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    OMG! I feel your pain! I also need coffee before I do ANYthing.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    :laugh: ....you put butter in your oatmeal? :sick: , how the heck did you think to do that?? :tongue: I haven't had butter in at least 10 yrs, I don't even remember what it taste like, but the mere site of it, makes me nautious!
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    That must have tasted awful!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    ...On the upside, bet your sinuses don't bother you for the rest of the week!!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    :laugh: ....you put butter in your oatmeal? :sick: ,

the "traditional" way to make oats in the Panjab is as follows:
    Take some nice healthy oats
    put them in a saucepan with lots of ghee (clarified butter)
    fry till dark golden
    add milk
    bring to the boil
    add sugar (lots and lots of sugar)
    wait till it starts to thicken
    Serve

it actually tastes fantastic, but its not a "healthy" breakfast, for years I thought everyone cooked oats this way and wondered how diet book could recommend porridge or oats!!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    As for the butter... I just can't eat soupy oatmeal. I also don't use milk on oatmeal. I grew up in a house where oatmeal was cooked on the stove into a goo. You then put a dab of butter, lots of brown sugar, a dash of cinn and milk. I always hated warm milk. Not a big fan of brown sugar either. One day dad got a little pissed when I refused to eat the goo and told me to eat it dry then. I liked it. I use 1/2c oats and 1/2 c water. It comes out thick and chewy. If you don't put a little butter on it, it turns to glue before you can get it out of the bowl. Kind of like pasta drained and left in the pan. It makes me feel full for hours. Low in calories, get the satisfaction of chewing, and it is quick and easy to make.

My nose and eyes ran for nearly an hour after that bite was briefly on my tongue. It was a little difficult to get off the wall since it had dried there before I could see properly to get it off. Woke my b/f up when I yelled that he was an *kitten* and I was going to geld him. Amazingly enough he has done his best to be as far away as he can when I am in the kitchen...

Otherwise the day has been pretty good.
This discussion has been closed.