Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

reducing bloat

Let me start by saying I'm not trying to find a way to lose an outrageous amount of weight super fast.

My husband's company is having a big Christmas party this Saturday. I'm so excited to go and am getting this beautiful dress that I would have never worn 105 pounds ago! It's tight and makes me feel very sexy. However, I want to make sure I have the flattest tummy I can and not a bunch of extra water weight/bloat. I want to have as minimal bloated belly as possible. ;)

I know bloat can be inevitable with what we eat/drink, but I'm just looking for any HEALTHY, helpful tips on reducing the chances of being bloated/water weight. I already drink a TON of water everyday. I don't eat tons of salt...normal I would say.

Any tips on what I could do throughout the week to make sure I look as awesome as possible in my dress Saturday?? :smile:

Replies

• rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    I've used these before (rude when you are fitted for a bridesmaids dress five months before wedding and forget to keep an eye on how tight it is... hah!)

- As you said, low sodium, lots of water!
    -Less fiber two days before
    -For two to three days avoid large amounts of cruciferous vegetables
    -Green tea
    -Avoid large amounts of wheat or dairy one to two days before

:) I bet you look fabulous in your dress my friend!
  • AmyJoShanks
    AmyJoShanks Posts: 40 Member
    Try pinapples, watermelon, celery and cucumbers - fruits and veggies that are loaded with water and help flush out any excess sodium. As previously mentioned, avoid cruciferous veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage) a few days beforehand.

i know they make natural/herbal diuretics, but i'm not sure you want to start messing with that stuff :smile:
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    I am in the same boat. I am not really changing much except watching my salt intake, staying under 100g of carbs for two days before, keeping my water intake over 2 liters and drinking dandelion tea instead of my afternoon coffee. All very doable and safe. Same amount of calories, same workouts. Be confident and that's all people will see. :)
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Yay!! Thanks for all the great advice. Can I ask why Dandelion tea instead of coffee? Also where can I find that tea??
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Yay!! Thanks for all the great advice. Can I ask why Dandelion tea instead of coffee? Also where can I find that tea??

It aids in digestion and has a diuretic effect to help with bloat. Just make sure to drink lots of water too. I've seen it at GNC and Whole Foods. It's something my acupuncturist told me about.