a little help and advice...PLEASE

Options
So im trying to lose thirty pounds at the lease I have been trying for awhile now with no luck :( . Im wondering...

1. What are some good exercises to burn belly fat? Im not trying to have abs just flat! It seems all my weight is going to my hips/belly and thighs!

2.What exactly is the reasoning behind logging my exercises when it just adds more calories to my intake? I get that you have to eat a certain amount of calories to live and have energy but I thought the whole point in exercising was to burn calories? Not to go home and just eat them back? (Starting today Im logging exercises cause I read that it could be puttng your body in starvation mode if you burn too much..still confused).

3. I have a major problem with snacking! Any good low cal foods I could snack on?

Ive always been a healthy eater. I dont eat fast food, I dont eat beef or pork, mostly seafood or turkey/chicken. I know my main problems is portions, I would eat alot more then needed on a meal and SWEETS :( ... Ive cut my calories to 1200 per my food diary and I gained two pounds?!? When I know I had to have been eating way more than 2,000 before. So im wondering whats happening :) . I want to lose five pounds in the next month HOPEFULLY

any advice or encouragement would be great :) THANKS ALOT EVERYONE!!

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    1- you can't spot reduce, that being said, some good cardio along with strength training, will eventually melt away the belly fat as well as a fairly clean eating plan

2-If you are burning calories, you need to replenish those, with healthy ones of course, I don't eat back my calories, I eat when i'm hungry and eat the right foods. some people eat em all some none at all, you;ll have to figure out your activity level and wether or not you're actually burning enough calories that would require you to eat more.

3-If you make it a habit to eat 5-6 mini meals a day, you won't want to snack.