Tracking help

So I've come to realize that it would be easier to herd cats than it is to get me to track on the weekends. Does anyone else have an issue with tracking food weekends or not? Any suggestions on how I could handle this or what has worked for you?

Replies

• lindsayvernon
    lindsayvernon Posts: 56 Member
    I find that treating the weekends the same way I do weekdays to be the best way to keep myself on track. I pre-track as much as I can so I can see what I have to work with for the day. Try getting out fo the house for a walk, or even a good exercise session (be it cardio or weights) can help combat any extra eating you might do. You just have to be consistant all the time.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    How about if you just jot down on paper what you ate at the end of the day, and log it all on Monday?
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    If you're serious about losing weight then a few minutes to log is a small price to pay, if not just carry on as you are!
  • skyerulz
    skyerulz Posts: 54 Member
    How about if you just jot down on paper what you ate at the end of the day, and log it all on Monday?

@walkingalong, thanks, I have no idea why that didn't occur to me. With a 11mnt, soon to be 1yr old, getting onto my tablet usually isn't an option, but a notepad would work.
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    I have a real problem with this too--I'm on the computer all day all week, and some weekends I can't bear to even turn it on at home! I'm working on pre-logging Friday nights and as much of Sat as I can. I'm happy with 6 days out of 7 at this point--it's 6 more days than I was logging just a few months ago! :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Yup, the old fashioned pen to paper method works great. Before I got a smart phone, I either did pen to paper or I'd create a draft text message on my phone and add to it as I ate things. First thing Monday morning I'd log it all and hope for the best. Better to log it late than skip it and wonder why you're not losing weight. Try to pre-log as much as you can and stick to your plan as that will help with weekend temptations.