What would your parents be surprised to learn about you?

Options
124»

Replies

• Celtic_Ace
    Options
    I looked up pansexual as well but then again I had to look up twirking as well last week.
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    I looked up pansexual as well but then again I had to look up twirking as well last week.

Thanks, I feel better. Unless you've just left an amish community...
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My dad wouldn't be too surprised by much of anything I would tell him. My mom, on the other hand, still thinks I'm a christian and that someday I want to get married. This despite me telling her, in person and numerous times, I am not christian and I have zero desire to get married.

She has some trouble dealing with realities that don't conform to her... desires? expectations?
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    My mom passed away in 94....she would be surprised that I'm decently successful because I pretty much lived a party lifestyle in college.

My dad would be surprised that I actually already know most of the stuff he tells me. I just listen and agree like he's giving me direction. lol
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    That I spent the night in the drunk tank... twice... :-)
  • W8G0
    W8G0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That I'm bi. Never telling.
    That I tried it twice and liked it. Never telling.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm very open with my mom, so I don't think there's anything she'd be surprised to learn about me.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    SOOO many things!! But the biggest secret I've kept from them....that I had a baby when I was 19 and placed him for adoption

you win.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    im pretty open with my mother so its never really a problem
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    That I wouldn't be overly bothered if my mother and I never spoke again. I mean, it's already been 9 years now.
    -huggggggg-
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good or bad, my parents know everything about me. That is the beauty of having fabulous parents.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options

That was a new one for me too!
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That I'm a lesbian.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    That I've turned out like them.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I had to look up twerking and selfie. Most people assume I know that kind of stuff because I'm so young, but I really don't give a crap.

I learned what pansexual meant when I did safe space training for LGBT+ students that I taught. I'm fairly in-touch with the LGBT+ community and usually up to date on terminology.