Florida State vs Auburn.....

Options
Danny_Boy13
Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
So let us start this out... who will win? I have my money on Florida. They are on a roll but a whole month of no football can change any team so it should be a good game.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    FSU looks like a better team across the board.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Auburn fans. You're welcome.

Sincerely,

The Spartans.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    ROLL TIDE!!! oh...wait...oops...never mind.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I HATE....LOATHE....DESPISE Florida State....so with that said - Go Auburn.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Auburn fans. You're welcome.

Sincerely,

The Spartans.

:( Good game... you all were definitely the better team. With that said, I'm hoping Fl State can pull it off. So sick of the SEC.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    They've been unstoppable this season and I live in Tally, so I should say FSU. But I'm torn. I saw enough of the last couple Auburn games and that team is motivated, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're the ones who can take down the Noles.

I'm not a big college football fan in general, so I'm not attached to the game, but it's been an exciting season.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Auburn runs for over 400 yards and wins by 13
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Auburn run game has been unstoppable...Auburn
  • tkdgirlms
    Options
    SEC SEC SEC...Auburn but FSU is the real deal so it will be a good game!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Auburn has already beat one team better than Florida State in the last two weeks, and another almost as good. FSU will not stop the Auburn run game. Period.

Auburn by at least 10. WAR DAMN EAGLE!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i will probably be rooting for FSU because their head coach is a native of my home state and former assistant coach here. Plus the son of their offensive line coach ia QB here... anyway, there are a number of ties.

That said, I think the ACC is routinely overrated as a conference, and if FSU were playing ACC teams closely, I would have my doubts about them being able to hang with Auburn. Let's also consider that the SEC wasn't as strong this year as it has been in years past. Ranking conferences is an exercise in futility, but I think that most would agree that they weren't as dominant.

As usual, I just hope for a fun game to watch. I really hate BCS games that are blowouts (unless it is my team that is winning that blowout).
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Auburn will have a significant offensive advantage for a layoff game, as their scheme doesn't have the timing issues that a passing attack does. If somebody is going to come out rusty on offense I'm putting money on FSU. That said, once on track FSU should be every bit as good. They score higher and gain more yards per play than Auburn, but their competition has been weaker as well. The ACC simply isn't the SEC.

Florida State has the better defense, significantly so (1st vs. 38th) and that's measurable in yards per play and scoring at a level that matters despite the weaker competition. Auburn really isn't anything special defensively (below middle for the SEC), though they can play well in stretches.

If both teams play as they are capable, I think FSU wins on paper.
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    I love, love the SEC - but I've really enjoyed watching the ACC adapt over the years to be similar in some ways to the SEC. Watching SEC / ACC games to me is a LOT like watching the east play the west in the SEC, and I'm so looking forward to the big one.

I promised my sister I would root for FSU this year, first time ever. (I'm not taking full credit, but yea I think I did a lot to add to FSU success this year). But I had no idea I'd be expected to cheer for them against Auburn. We agreed that I wouldn't watch the game with her, and she would pretend I was still rooting for FSU :)

Auburn 42, FSU 38, the difference being pts off of turn overs.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if Auburn can continue this run!! I think regardless this is going to be one hell of a game! Just thankful the Suckeyes didn't make it!! Thank you Sparky!!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm an SEC fan too, but I'm excited for this game. I think it's going to come down to the last second and will be a lot more exciting than the last few national championship games. Both of these teams are very good, and I think they'll compete strongly against each other.

That being said:

WAR EAGLE
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Auburn has already beat one team better than Florida State in the last two weeks, and another almost as good. FSU will not stop the Auburn run game. Period.

Auburn has beat 3 top 5 teams so far this year.

One more should be fun!

*WAR DAMN EAGLE*
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

Auburn has beat 3 top 5 teams so far this year.

One more should be fun!

*WAR DAMN EAGLE*

Alabama. Mizzou. Who is the 3rd? Please don't say over-rated #21 Texas AM?
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    I HATE....LOATHE....DESPISE Florida State....so with that said - Go Auburn.

and this is why I love you so! WDE!!!!!

Edited to say GO SPARTANS!!!!! Kick but in the Rose Bowl!!!!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

^^^ This
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

^^^ This

Yeah, the TxAM game turned out to not be much to brag about. But we already beat the *second* best team in the country a week before beating a legit top 5 team. So I think that is pretty good.