OK someone calm me down!

Options
2»

Replies

• animatedbecca
    Options
    Thank you all for the input! Looks like this subject is up for debate as several have different opinions. :wink: As for myself, Im just going to research more, on this subject and everything else that comes along) and continue to educate myself, do the best I can and not worry myself into a frenzy over something that may sneak through the cracks. It can get a bit harrowing to a newbie...eat all of your exercise calories, only eat half of them, dont eat any of them...always choose fat free if given the option, never go with fat free...Splenda is ok, Spenda is the devil.... you get the idea. You cant get 100's of people together and them all have the same opinion. So in the end I just have to educate myself and do what is best for me...shop a little smarter each week, learn a little more each day, eat a little healthier each meal and take baby steps so it doesnt all become to overwhelming in the beginning :)
    As for the Culprit in question Ive decided Im not throwing them out. A serving is two bars, Im not going to kill myself if I have one bar a week. Then I just wont buy more. Call it something from my childhood drilled into my head about starving children in Africa...there are also starving children in our on country and I just have trouble throwing away food. Notice I didnt say "perfectly good food" :laugh:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hey friend, don't get overwhelmed, mfp is a flood of info. Pick one piece of advice to follow at a time. Go with what sounds logical, simple, and realistic. I would love to be vegitarian, 100% organic, and be able to follow all the fitness advice. We are making progress and that's what counts.
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Hey friend, don't get overwhelmed, mfp is a flood of info. Pick one piece of advice to follow at a time. Go with what sounds logical, simple, and realistic. I would love to be vegitarian, 100% organic, and be able to follow all the fitness advice. We are making progress and that's what counts.

Thanks Hun :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the input! Looks like this subject is up for debate as several have different opinions. :wink: As for myself, Im just going to research more, on this subject and everything else that comes along) and continue to educate myself, do the best I can and not worry myself into a frenzy over something that may sneak through the cracks. It can get a bit harrowing to a newbie...eat all of your exercise calories, only eat half of them, dont eat any of them...always choose fat free if given the option, never go with fat free...Splenda is ok, Spenda is the devil.... you get the idea. You cant get 100's of people together and them all have the same opinion. So in the end I just have to educate myself and do what is best for me...shop a little smarter each week, learn a little more each day, eat a little healthier each meal and take baby steps so it doesnt all become to overwhelming in the beginning :)
    As for the Culprit in question Ive decided Im not throwing them out. A serving is two bars, Im not going to kill myself if I have one bar a week. Then I just wont buy more. Call it something from my childhood drilled into my head about starving children in Africa...there are also starving children in our on country and I just have trouble throwing away food. Notice I didnt say "perfectly good food" :laugh:
    You're getting the hang of it Girl:drinker: We're all learning on here and yes it is most definitely OVERWHELMING at the begining seeing all the posts of raw food, no meat, yadda x 3, it fills your head and makes it explode. Then somewhere along the line it falls into place what you yourself want/need to be doing for you on your own journey. You take what you can from the threads and use bits and pieces and create your own healthy new lifestyle.

Pretty much if someone says 'YOU HAVE TOO' then you want to steer clear of that and run the other way we are all made differently and different things will work for one but not another. :flowerforyou:

The basics we all need?

Healthy foods = healthy body
    Regular excercise = stronger body
    Healthy mind = healthy body!

What you can maintain for life is what you want to have as your goal, eating 500 cals a day is not something that can be done safely, eating magic noodles, again, not something realistic for life.

Healthy foods & excercise DEFINITELY can be done for the rest of our lives:heart:

It gets far less overwhelming in time, truly it does:happy:
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    You're getting the hang of it Girl:drinker: We're all learning on here and yes it is most definitely OVERWHELMING at the begining seeing all the posts of raw food, no meat, yadda x 3, it fills your head and makes it explode. Then somewhere along the line it falls into place what you yourself want/need to be doing for you on your own journey. You take what you can from the threads and use bits and pieces and create your own healthy new lifestyle.

Pretty much if someone says 'YOU HAVE TOO' then you want to steer clear of that and run the other way we are all made differently and different things will work for one but not another. :flowerforyou:

The basics we all need?

Healthy foods = healthy body
    Regular excercise = stronger body
    Healthy mind = healthy body!

What you can maintain for life is what you want to have as your goal, eating 500 cals a day is not something that can be done safely, eating magic noodles, again, not something realistic for life.

Healthy foods & excercise DEFINITELY can be done for the rest of our lives:heart:

It gets far less overwhelming in time, truly it does:happy:

From one Becca to another, THANK YOU!!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Eat the real thing...less of it,and savour it. If you cannot pronounce the name of the ingredient, on the list,

I Agree, portion control!!!