trying again

Options
Hello everyone!

This is my second try at MFP. I was here for about 2 months early this year and thought I was being very careful, counting my calories and exercising more and I didn't lose a single pound. So I became very discouraged and kind of gave up. But since then I've gained more weight, and I really need to get this under control. So here I am again.

I'm 42 and am finding it really hard to adjust to the way my body is now. For many years I was one of those annoying people who could eat anything and not gain a pound. But now I have a thyroid condition and went through premature menopause a couple years ago and it seems like now I just have to look at food and I gain weight. Over the past 5 years I've jumped from 140 to 165 lbs, and I'd like to get back down to 150 (or at the very least, stop gaining!)

So anyhow, hello! Best of luck to you all!

Replies

• Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • lupuslady
    Options
    H am older than you, but it is the same for me. I am losing but very very slowly. When I was younger I could lose 20 lbs in a month just by staying away from desserts and grease. Not so at this age, I am really put forth the effort to stick with the program and now I wasnt to lose 75 lbs. I think the secret is not to expect too much. Don't beat yourself up..............
    good luck and hang in there.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome back! Just take one day at a time.