TDEE and activity level

Options
I have been on a plateau for awhile and noticed that even though I had set my calorie goal at 1400 that on most days I net less than that even going as low as 800 some days. I am wondering if I am eating to few calories so after hearing about the TDEE -20% method I am thinking of trying that way.
I am confused as to what I should set my activity level to.
I am doing the "bikini body mommy challenge" which has you workout 6 days a week anywhere from 30 min-60 min
every day is differant but usually it is 3 days of about 30 min of exercises using your own body weight or light weights such as lunges, squats, plank, burpees, push-ups etc. and the other 3 days are at least 45 min of cardio, I usually do eliptical or run/walk.

on the TDEE calculator on iifm website it asks fo amount of workout days
on scoobys workshop site it asks for workout hours per week

so my stats are:

Female
40 yrs old
5 ft 2 inches
163 (want to lose 25 lbs)
exercise goal is: 6 days per week 30-60 min per day

what should my activity level be and what site is more acurate?
TIA!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'd go with moderately active, probably. I'd also use three or four TDEE calculators, then average them. Check out Fitness Frog & Fat 2 Fit Radio as well.
  • Llorry
    Llorry Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I went with IIFYM since it gives me lower numbers ..I am going to start there and see how it works...I know some of my friends said they loss most on the TDEE than on the MFP and ate more calories..I think it all depends..If you are on a plateau the best thing you can do is change it up though