Men and women, are you interested in curves...

Options
djeffreys10
djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
...or do you prefer your roads straight? Straight roads get really boring, especially on my motorcycle.

curvy-highway-drive-0808-lg-112367041.jpg

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    That depends. How many miles per hour and how many lives do I have left??
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    straight too many curves and i get a panic attack
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Every time I get too close to the curves I lose control and make a mess. True story.
  • djeffreys10
    Options

That depends on if I have sport tires, or sport touring tires. Currently running sport touring for longer tire life. So on the pictured road, probably about 80 mph. If I switched to more sticky tires at the cost of tire life, that would easily be a 100 mph road.

And how many lives depends on how many you have used so far.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a back country road with curves. You ride that thing with your hog all day long!
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am curve guy all day long.

Spring20Eureka20201020219_zpsbe43206c.jpg

HallettSept5008_zps8d1f700b.jpg

IMG_0922_zps22c9f84e.jpg

Just picked up this beemer last year. Looking forward to many great curvey miles.

IMG_0768ed_zps4d6907de.jpg
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

That depends on if I have sport tires, or sport touring tires. Currently running sport touring for longer tire life. So on the pictured road, probably about 80 mph. If I switched to more sticky tires at the cost of tire life, that would easily be a 100 mph road.

110 or no deal.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Options

Dunlop Q-2's, best of both worlds. What do you ride?
  • djeffreys10
    Options

Honestly, I can't remember if I am running Micheline Pilot Road 2CT or Pilot Road 3. I think the 2CT. Still not as good as pure sport tires on the lean grip, but an excellent compromise. I do so much commuting on mine that I have to run dual compound to get any kind of mileage out of them.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Options

Honestly, I can't remember if I am running Micheline Pilot Road 2CT or Pilot Road 3. I think the 2CT. Still not as good as pure sport tires on the lean grip, but an excellent compromise. I do so much commuting on mine that I have to run dual compound to get any kind of mileage out of them.

The PR3's are the next tire for the beemer, the busa only gets Q-2's.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    So sick and tired of this interstate system...I need a curve and wind-a-twistin'...dusty path to nowhere with the wind blowing through my baby's hair...yeah, makes me wanna take a back road...makes me wanna take the long way home...:flowerforyou:
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    Put a little gravel in my travel, unwind, unravel all night long. Makes me wanna grab my honey, tear down some two-lane country, who knows? Get lost and get right with my soul. Makes me wanna take, makes me wanna take a back road.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Put a little gravel in my travel, unwind, unravel all night long. Makes me wanna grab my honey, tear down some two-lane country, who knows? Get lost and get right with my soul. Makes me wanna take, makes me wanna take a back road.

Put a little gravel in my travel...unwind, unravel all night long...makes me wanna grab you honey...tear down some two-lane country. Who knows? Get lost and get right with my soul...makes me wanna take...makes me wanna take a back road....:drinker: :happy:
  • fitandskinnygal
    Options
    curvyandIlikeit.gif
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    These are my kind of curves

laguna_track_map.gif
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    These are my kind of curves

laguna_track_map.gif

I think I just got a bit of a biker stiffy...
  • Whyareyoumad
    Options
    Dang, me too! LOL, the best we have here in our state it Hallett Motor Speedway, 10 turns and very fun, but just a short track. Never get the busa out of second gear.
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    I have never ridden track. I am a couple hours from Barber, but I have never bought track gear.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I have never ridden track. I am a couple hours from Barber, but I have never bought track gear.

Pfft! Just wear what you have on. It looks great.