How do you like your grilled cheese?

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I think once you add meat, it stops being a grilled cheese and more of a sandwich... I might be alone on this.

Don't get me wrong I love meat, but once you add bacon and other meats they become the star in that situation.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    The way Tyler makes it!

QFT
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Ozark Hearth 100% wheat bread with raw white onion slices, 1/2 smashed avocado, and 1/4 cup shredded Colby jack or sharp cheddar cheese. Cooked in a skillet with canola and smushed together really good with a turner. Yum!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Ozark Hearth 100% wheat bread with raw white onion slices, 1/2 smashed avocado, and 1/4 cup shredded Colby jack or sharp cheddar cheese. Cooked in a skillet with canola and smushed together really good with a turner. Yum!

Due to the ratio of "other ingredients" to cheese, this is a panini.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    regular bread, 1 slice of american cheese, butter on both sides of the bread. done lol
  • wheird
    Options
    I think once you add meat, it stops being a grilled cheese and more of a sandwich... I might be alone on this.

Don't get me wrong I love meat, but once you add bacon and other meats they become the star in that situation.

I disagree. As long as you have a positive cheese ratio, it still counts.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    This works for me:
    tumblr_mxfhkfd16f1r8jkpuo1_500.jpg

I prefer the basic cheddar cheese and white bread with a bit of butter/margarine spread on the outside of each slice.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Avocado, lots and lots of avocado :love:
  • wheird
    Options
    regular bread, 1 slice of american cheese, butter on both sides of the bread. done lol

One slice of cheese? Do you also avoid pie at Thanksgiving?
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    I have forgotten what grilled cheese tastes like.....but I have a dim memory of eating it with real old cheddar....none of this processed crap....:)...
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

So in a standard craft on wonder bread, we need 2 slices of cheese to each strip of bacon?
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    White bread, Kraft singles, lots of butter, squished to bloody hell, and with sliced sweet pickles stuffed inside!
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    Cheddar Jack cheese on white bread with tomato soup.....yum!!!

My favorite cold weather meal. Tomato soup and grilled cheese, Jack cheese also.
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Havarti and Pesto with a dill pickle on the side. Oh, and some tomato bisque! Yummo!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I like to pull the bread apart after it's cooked and spread some peanut butter on it. It's called a Grilled Charlie and it is DELICIOUS.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I have forgotten what grilled cheese tastes like.....but I have a dim memory of eating it with real old cheddar....none of this processed crap....:)...

let me remind you remember that last sweet kiss you had, the last time you heard angels singing, the last time the sweet taste of manna touched your parched lips...that is what grilled cheese tastes like.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

NO CHEESE SHAMING.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I like to pull the bread apart after it's cooked and spread some peanut butter on it. It's called a Grilled Charlie and it is DELICIOUS.

i think one gets committed for that but im not sure
  • wheird
    Options

So in a standard craft on wonder bread, we need 2 slices of cheese to each strip of bacon?

Hmm. I would say 4 slices per strip. But I use thick cut bacon.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Thick sourdough bread, smoked mozzarella, bacon, tomatoes, basil, tomato soup, and a good beer.