scale questions

Options
I heard from here that the best time to wiegh yourself is in the morning, before you do anything else. Does it really make a difference if you wiegh yourself at night? I usually forget about the scale until right before I go to bed. I moved it to my bedroom so I don't forget in the morning. Still is it bad if you wiegh yourself at night?

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I heard from here that the best time to wiegh yourself is in the morning, before you do anything else. Does it really make a difference if you wiegh yourself at night? I usually forget about the scale until right before I go to bed. I moved it to my bedroom so I don't forget in the morning. Still is it bad if you wiegh yourself at night?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    The main thing is to weigh yourself at a consistent time.

So, you can weigh at night, but then you should always weigh at night. Our weight fluctuates a LOT during the day, so pick a consistent time and stick to it.

I'm also a big advocate of not weighing everyday due to these fluctuations. As well as other ways of monitoring your progress.:flowerforyou:
  • Julie1984
    Julie1984 Posts: 33
    Options
    Well, I don't think it's exactly bad for you but you may way a few pounds more than you would in the morning after going to the bathroom. If you like weighing at night, then just try to do that whenever you weigh rather than switching between morning and night, because your numbers will be more consistent.

edit: Ok, someone beat me to it by a few seconds, haha
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Not just scales but even your measuring tape results will be better in the morning.

After all day of eating i just taped my stomach again....just to see cause im really full. and its about 1/2 to 3/4" more than this morning.

Try to get into a routine check once twice a week right when you get up. It will make a difference.

Tim
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody:flowerforyou: