Do you eat your calories back that you burn

2»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I do TDEE, so my exercise is already accounted for. But if I were to be doing it the way MFP sets it up, then yes I would be eating back my exercise calories.

^^^ pretty much this. (I use a tdee based approach too so when I log exercise I force the calories expended to 1)
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    I didn't.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    I'm not sure I completely trust my HRM so I don't enter all the calories that it says I burned.....for instance, if it says 460, i'll enter about 300....and of that "300", I rarely eat them all back.....maybe about half.....probably not the best way to do things......but it seems to work for me....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I work out solely to eat more calories.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Burning 720 and eating back is perfectly fine in my opinion. Your allowing for errors in judgement, either by yourself, food labels or gym machines while still re-fuelling your body which is crucial.

I eat back 300 calories with each workout and the machine says 500-800 depending on how far I run.

Good luck.
  • CarmineDeMarco
    CarmineDeMarco Posts: 39 Member
    Absolutely, and I love every bite. I love those days when I've burned 1000+ calories and I see how much more I'm going to get to eat that day!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Yes, I eat almost all of my exercise calories back. I typically am close to 3000 calories a day to maintain my weight. I run 3-4 times a week and do strength training 3x a week so I burn a lot.
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Always! Nom nom nom :)
  • Depends on how hungry I am. Some days I do eat some of it back, others I don't. I have a hard time hitting my 3k limits normally, but add in a ton of cardio and strength training and I am hitting 4.5k for a day and at that point I may add some more calorie or protein dense foods, but I don't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry.