Okay, who wants to pick my dinner for me?

Options
I'm going out to dinner with a friend tonight and we're trying a seafood place that neither of us have been to before. Any advice on what would be the healthiest option? I was thinking about getting the Cedar Plank Salmon and asking for double veggies instead of rice. Does anyone else have a different opinion? Eating out is always so hard!!!

http://www.joeysseafoodmadison.com/uploads/images/Dinner.pdf

Replies

• oxokatieoxo
    Options
    Prawn cocktail! yummy :)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    you would think the double veg is a good idea but I've worked in resturants and we would add lots of butter to the veggie, the salmon sounds great
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Salmon with double veggies sounds like a great idea. I say go for the steamed broccoli though instead of the vegetable medley. I know that restaurants tend to sautee veggies with butter and oil and whatnot. You've made a good choice there. :) (Just throwing this out there too; shrimp cocktail is a good choice if you're looking for an appetizer of sorts.) Oh, and don't be afraid to specifically ask your waitress to have your food prepared with minimal oil. Save you some fat.
  • KimSchnizleinWECHANGED
    Options
    Actually ... Salmon is my very favorite!! .... And cedar plank salmon .... YUMMM!! That choice sounds exactly right!!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I think what you're getting is great. That's why I had for dinner the other day. Someone mentioned above how they worked in a restaurant & they added lost of butter--you can always tell them not to steam the veggies in butter or to steam them in olive oil--don't be afraid to be picky with how you want your food cooked. I learned that from watching The Biggest Loser. You're paying for the food--get it the way you want it.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just took a look at the menu- it made me hungry! :wink:

Shrimp cocktail is a great option. I would probably get that, with a salad with oil and vinegar :love: But, your plan of the Cedar Plank Salmon sounds delish, too! Whatever you choose, enjoy! :wink:

I'm having fresh lobster at my bf's Mom's tonight :love:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Shrimp is always a good option. Grilled of course, not breaded or fried. They have tons of protein, minimial calories and are YUMMY.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Yummm....I LOVE salmon! I think your meal sound yummy! Oh and I agree ask for the veggies to be steamed with water only.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This is what I would order: the mussels as a starter (but would not eat the garlic bread), the salmon you mentioned for my main, I'd have a glass of white wine with my meal, and I'd skip dessert.