Bulking question

Options
Alright so most of my calories and carbs come from Quaker quick oats 100 % whole grain Canadian oats, they are rolled oats.

the nutrition facts on it is 1/3 cup(30g) Calories 120 Fat 2 G Carbs 20 Protien 4 g. I put 2 cups of this in a bowl and fill it with water and throw it in the microwave. I put this in myfitnesspal and it say 2 cups is 720 CAL 12 G fats 120 Carbs Protein 24 . is this true
? does the calorie content change if its cooked?

Replies

• NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    No, not if you are only mixing with water. But measure the amount you eat dry before cooking. Steel cut oats are great for bulking - twice as many calories for a given serving size.
  • teamguzman
    Options
    i put 2 cup dry then add water and microwave , so the nutrition facts for 2 cups is right? Thanks
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    i put 2 cup dry then add water and microwave , so the nutrition facts for 2 cups is right? Thanks

The macros are correct bc the labels listing is for a serving size of 1/3 cup; you poured 2 cups of oats meaning that's 6 servings. So it didn't change bc of cooking with water, its bc you measured out more than 1 serving. Clear?
  • teamguzman
    Options
    Thank you !
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If this is an everyday sort of thing, I'd recommend double-checking your volume measurements with a food scale.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    ^Yup go a buy a food scale man. have one and I love it!
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    How does one stomache two cups of oats (precooked) ? Color me impressed.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options

I agree! That's a whole lotta oats!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I agree! That's a whole lotta oats!

Yeah if I make ONE cup- that's enough for 3 breakfast's for me!!!!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Some of us are nature's competitive eaters. I promise if I ever get to a point where I need to increase my calorie intake, I will make a spectacularly impressive show of it. :drinker:
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's a **** ton of oats man, so yeah that's right. I have enough trouble scarfing down 1 cup a day...