Mall food is killing me.

Options
2»

Replies

• CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Don't you have a break room? I work long hours at a store as well and can be there for 12+ hours a day so to ensure I am eating healthy meals I simply pack my own. Planning can not only save your wallet but your body as well.
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Google whatever fast food restaurants are there and "best healthy options" to get some ideas. You can find some great options at a lot of places. If you could pack one meal and then eat your other meal there, that'd definitely be an easier option though!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    bring your own lunch. you will save money and eat better. I work at a pizza place but bring my own lunch. I make myself a sandwich or wrap with turkey, bring fruit, and always have my water with me.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I work in a mall too. I bring my meals and it's such a great thing. It saves you so much money in addition to calories. McDonalds has a southwest salad with grilled chicken that I love and get often, and sometimes I get a wrap from Au Bon Pain, or a 6 inch veggie pattie sandwich from Subway.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    The problem with a lot of "healthy" fast food and restaurant options, is that if you read the fine print, the stated calorie count usually doesn't include some of the ingredients (dressing, croutons, etc) I was once given a calorie count for a Burger King salad with grilled chicken (the cashier looked on a big poster they had of nutritional info) ...upon further inspection, that count didn't even include the chicken!!!