anybody else have 90+ lbs to lose

Options
cloou
cloou Posts: 34 Member
hi there I have so far lost 22.5lbs and have at least another 90lbs to lose maybe more. is anybody else around in a similar situation?

Replies

• Touji
    Touji Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was in that situation awhile ago.

If I can give you one piece of advice, don't look at it as "I have to lose 90 pounds"
    Look at it as "I need to lose 1, 1.5, or 2 pounds this week"

If you focus on the big goal, you're more likely to fail because of the pressure.
  • erickam1021
    erickam1021 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i dont need to lose 90lbs but i need to lose almost 50. i agree you gotta look at it as a couple pounds a week and keep that up and youll get to 90 before you know it
  • charlizetiu
    Options
    I need to lose 90lbs at the start of my work out, but I have already lose 65 lbs so far and just 25lbs more to go. The first 50lbs went off quickly, I lose about 2lbs a week at the start of my work out, but now it's pretty difficult to shed even just a pound in a week. There was really no motivation at first because the pounds just went away quickly LOL, but now it's pretty hard and what motivates me is the thought that I have already gone so far and so I am not giving up what I have started.
  • juanpegler
    juanpegler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was in that situation awhile ago.

If I can give you one piece of advice, don't look at it as "I have to lose 90 pounds"
    Look at it as "I need to lose 1, 1.5, or 2 pounds this week"

If you focus on the big goal, you're more likely to fail because of the pressure.

Good advice. and Rather look at how far you have come instead of how far to go.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I have a fair amount to lose, feel free to add me :-)
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Absolutely little bit by little bit. Set small goals. I've lost 110lbs with still more to go. I always have small goals to work towards, but it's also lovely to see it all adding up. And it adds up quickly! :)
  • cloou
    Options
    Hi all, thank you for your replies. I think I came across quite negative in my introduction. I am feeling good about the weight I have lost so far and I am motivated to continue to lose more till I reach a healthy weight. I think I worded my message like that in the hopes of finding people who also have a lot to lose for moral support. I would love to find people to chat with and share tips so please feel free to add me on here.

Also is there any other way of creating a support system as I have normally lost weight with a club and I would like to know how to do it without feeling alone or cheating or worse giving up. I think when you weigh at a club as long as you don't miss a meeting you will continue to feel motivated, so how do you keep that motivation going when losing weight alone?

Serious stuff out of the way I hope to chat to some of you soon albeit a little more light hearted next time.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have around that amount to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I started my journey with 98lb to lose. I'm now 30lb down (with lots still to go.)

My main motivator is my partner, who's cheerleading me all the way. But I also get a lot of support from my friends on this site. They are all awesome and also very good at cheerleading and with the motivational speeches. They also keep me honest. (My diary is only visible to my friends as I don't want any drive-by commenters seeing exactly how much wine I drink!)

Feel free to add me, if you wish!
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good Morning - I have 80 or so to lose. Add me as a friend if you would like! I'm also 5'3" and 32 years old!
  • cloou
    Options
    i have changed my username to from 7kinley7 to cloou
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I started out with 95 lbs to lose still have 53 lbs to lose so feel free to add me if you wish