Maintenance - Stats

Options
Just thought I'd throw it out there because I'm curious:

For those that are in maintenance:

-What's your calories per day?
-Height, weight, age, gender
-How many times do you exercise per week?
-How many meals do you have per day?
-Any advice for maintainers?

For me: I'm 5 ft. 10 in., 64 kg. (141 lbs), 37 years old female. My calories per day are set at 2,150. I exercise anywhere between 3 hours to 6 hours per week, but mainly jivamukti yoga, bootcamp reformer pilates, spin/running and some kettlebell work. I have about 6 meals throughout the day (3 bigger ones and 3 snacks) because I wake up at 5.30am, work from 8am to 5pm and then won't sleep until 11pm/12am.

Replies

• mitchyinge
    Options
    bumping so I can read everyone's stats without sharing my own
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    1800-2000 during the week and 2200-2500 during the weekend.

5'11, 170-175, 37, F

6 - 7 days. I mainly briskly walk/jog (I do at least a 5K almost everyday), but I also lift weights, Pilates and ice skate briskly several times per week.

2 good sized meals a snack. Typically during the week I will have my first meal at about 10 or 11am, a snack a 2pm and another meal at 4 or 5pm then I'm done eating for the day. During the weekend I eat more and I don't have a set schedule.

Stay consistent. Personally I continue to do the things I did while I was in weight loss mode. I still write down everything I eat, I take my measurements twice a month, I weigh myself once a week, I study labels and still continue to research things. The only difference is that I am eating more and make sure I am staying in a 5lb range. When I deviated from this I ended up gaining because I ate more than I thought so this is a lifestyle for me now.
  • tsimblist
    tsimblist Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    -What's your calories per day? 2150 net calories

-Height, weight, age, gender 5'9", 171 lbs, 57, Male

-How many times do you exercise per week? 6 or 7

-How many meals do you have per day? 2 or 3

-Any advice for maintainers? Still figuring that out.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    -What's your calories per day? (2500-3000)

-Height, weight, age, gender (6'2", 155-160 lbs, 23, male)

-How many times do you exercise per week? (5 or 6, depending on how I feel. I almost always run 4 times a week, but sometimes I cut back on lifting if I feel the need.)

-How many meals do you have per day? (5 meals and 500-600 calories at each meal)

-Any advice for maintainers? (Look at maintaining like you would losing weight. Devise a meal which is sustainable and stick with it. Get comfortable with the fact that you WILL see fluctuations on the scale and don't break out into a panic if you see yourself a couple pounds heavier than your previous weigh in. Oh, and even though you won't be losing weight, if you're maintaining after a large loss of weight, expect to see inches continue to come off, it's great! Enjoy being able to eat more and continue to exercise.)
  • koos22
    koos22 Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    -What's your calories per day? 2000 calories 5 days per week, 500 calories 2 days per week (5:2 plan for maintenance)
    -Height, weight, age, gender 5'9", 145, 41, F
    -How many times do you exercise per week? I don't. I know, bad, but true.
    -How many meals do you have per day? 3 meals per day. I sometimes snack, but not often.
    -Any advice for maintainers? Look at it as another phase of weight loss. If you're like me, it's all too easy to gain it all back if you don't plan and follow through.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    -What's your calories per day? 1400
    -Height, weight, age, gender 5'8", 118, 47, female
    -How many times do you exercise per week? varies (goal was 3, but I'm dealing with an old back injury right now)
    -How many meals do you have per day? three
    -Any advice for maintainers? Set your daily calorie goal for a small loss, that way if you eat over a bit then you'll actually be maintaining and not gaining, which is very easy to do at maintenance because you can "let your guard down" so to speak.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    -What's your calories per day? TDEE 1850 although I'm currently on 1750 to try and curb the excesses
    -Height, weight, age, gender 5'8", 140 lbs, age 42, female
    -How many times do you exercise per week? anywhere between once or 5 times. I try to keep generally active. When I work out it's cycling, walking, swimming, weights (at home), or running/jumping on a mini trampoline (!). Also a little yoga.
    -How many meals do you have per day? 3 meals and snacks. Sometimes the snacks add up to more than the meals.
    -Any advice for maintainers? Don't get complacent.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    -What's your calories per day? trying the TDEE method right now, with around 2,200 calories a day

-Height, weight, age, gender? 5ft, 6 in, 117.5-121lbs maintenance range, female, 35 yrs old

-How many times do you exercise per week? At home strength training program three times a week; running (2-3 miles) 3 times a week

-How many meals do you have per day? Right now I'm experimenting with 6 times a week, to get in all those TDEE calories. I prefer 2-3 times though

-Any advice for maintainers? I've technically been in maintenance for 8 months now and I still don't have it figured out :tongue:
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    -What's your calories per day? 1500-1700 + exercise calories (calories loosely based on TDEE)

-Height, weight, age, gender 5'3 1/2", 134 lbs, 41 yo, female

-How many times do you exercise per week? varies, right now I'm doing a running streak, so I'm running about 1.25 miles every day; usually I work out 4-5 days/week, running 3 days, strength & abs 2 days

-How many meals do you have per day? 3 meals with 2 snacks (mid-afternoon and late evening)

-Any advice for maintainers? Keep doing what you've been doing as you've lost weight. All I did when I went to maintenance is increase my calories.
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd throw it out there because I'm curious:

For those that are in maintenance:

For me: I'm 5 ft. 10 in., 64 kg. (141 lbs), 37 years old female. My calories per day are set at 2,150. I exercise anywhere between 3 hours to 6 hours per week, but mainly jivamukti yoga, bootcamp reformer pilates, spin/running and some kettlebell work. I have about 6 meals throughout the day (3 bigger ones and 3 snacks) because I wake up at 5.30am, work from 8am to 5pm and then won't sleep until 11pm/12am.

-What's your calories per day? for now 1460 + exercise calories (still adjusting)
    -Height, weight, age, genderL 5'3'' 106 pounds, 21 yrs old, Female
    -How many times do you exercise per week? 6 times
    -How many meals do you have per day? 6
    -Any advice for maintainers? Upping the calories gradually
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I am age 53, height 5'5", female. My maintenance is about 1500 calories, I eat twice a day (breakfast and lunch). I do some sort of exercise 6 days a week.

My only advice is to give yourself a five pound window to bounce around. As long as you stay within that window, you can relax and not get freaked out from an overnight 3 lb. gain. If you go over or under that window, take immediate action to adjust.
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    -What's your calories per day? 1600

-Height, weight, age, gender 5'5", 116, 42, F

-How many times do you exercise per week? 6 days per week - 4 weight training with 20-30 minutes of cardio intervals in the evening and 2 cardio with 2 longer interval sessions

-How many meals do you have per day? 3 meals + 2-3 snacks

-Any advice for maintainers? Shift your goals from weight/weightloss to fitness. Take up a new type of exercise that you think will be challenging and that can capture your attention/focus. Keep eating healthy (if you did while losing); hopefully this has been a lifestyle change for you, not just a diet or temporary exercise plan.
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    5'6" 61 yrs.
    124 lbs
    1500 calories
    exercises 5-6 days a week including aerobics, jogging and lifting weights
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I still follow the MFP NET calorie plan where I eat back my exercise calories. NET is about 1950

-What's your calories per day? Average 2200
    -Height, weight, age, gender 5'10" 174lbs 37 Male
    -How many times do you exercise per week? 4-5
    -How many meals do you have per day? 3+snacks
    -Any advice for maintainers? Slowly increase calories when switching from a deficit to maintenance. Be prepared for a pound or two regain as your body adapts. Stick to it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

5'8", 85kg, 30, male

4-5 sessions, 1.5-2hrs each. resistance training predominantly. No formal cardio except kickboxing between sets and the occasional mma class.

keep track of things other than scales, like pics, measurements, gym performance.
  • annabarratt1
    Options
    I have around 1200 calories per day. My weight nsgligble________and my height is 5' 4". I drink lots of cups of water eery day and tke excerise at least once per day walking, going to the gym etc.... running about the house putting things away and doing general housework.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Just sampled the last few weeks to exclude a vacation.....

2100 (net) five or six days a week, 600 (gross) once or twice a week. (I eat in a 5:2 fasting pattern)
    Average daily intake 2333, average daily calorie burn 740.

5'9", 168lbs, 53, male

6 (currently 4 strength & 2 cardio)

Mostly 3, sometimes 2, plus snacks when hungry.

Accept normal weight fluctuations, set a weight range not a single number.
    Allow yourself high days for social events / enjoyment and balance it out over time.
    Don't deprive yourself of any food you like. Moderation not exclusion.
    Find exercise/sport/activity that you enjoy and set goals.
    Move more, sit down less.
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    -What's your calories per day? 1450+ exercise

-Height, weight, age, gender 5'2" 115, 40, Female

-How many times do you exercise per week? 5 or 6 times a week, crunches, pushups, 40 minutes of cardio

-How many meals do you have per day? I eat like a hobbit- breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, and supper. General menu sample: breakfast- oatmeal, second breakfast- yogurt, elevensies- light cheese stick, luncheon- 200-300 calorie can or frozen meal, afternoon tea- special k cracker chips and raw veggies, dinner- whatever hubby makes, Supper- chocolate and maybe wine.

-Any advice for maintainers? No, I am still trying to get the hang of it. I have been maintianing since August. At first I could not quit losing. Then I gained 5 back to land where I wanted to maintain. Now I am struggling with motivation to keep eating right. The holiday treats everywhere are my downfall.
  • capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    5’10, 158 lbs, 61, Male
    Counting calories got you here and will keep you here.