Polar Loop vs FitBit Force vs ? need suggestions on others

Options
Ive tried using the fitbit when it first came out - wasnt happy... all it did was track steps and as a guy trying to wear it, it was often inaccurate when in my pocket... and on the belt it kept popping off and getting lost. All the forums said were for women to wear it in their bras! While my manboobs may need a manzier, that wasnt an option. Got tired of tying a lanyard to it and walking around like a biker with a wallet chain for my fitbit.

Id like to get a bracelet type device - so many out there now.

Id like it to track overall daily activity, but also be able to get an accurate burn when I do cardio. It seems the Polar Loop will do that - it tracks like a fitbit bracelet during the normal times and then lets you turn on a HRM chest strap link when doing cardio. That sounds perfect... however the online published reviews seem to not be very favorable - saying its buggy etc.

I see fitbit has the Flex or Force - both wristband devices - but they do not link up with a HRM. Id have to do the "stop tracking" and manually enter cardio from my polar ft7 reading - so Id have to swap devices etc.

With the polar loop being a bit buggy per reviews, and fitbit not quite doing what I want, can anyone suggest other devices that will track daily activity, possibly have a built in continuous HRM to handle cardio when not in pedometer mode, or link with an HRM chest strap?

Im just amazed no one has a device that does it all - I bought a Mio Alpha and it does great HRM on the wrist - but it doesnt have a daily activity ability - had they combined the Mio Alpha with a fitbit force, it would be the perfect device.

Replies

• iammelli
    iammelli Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree! I use the polar link and just wear a chest strap at the gym and use the runkeeper app for my walks
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    What do you do for cardio that the Fitbit didn't track? Cycling?

I know you said you didn't like it but the clip has gotten much better. It's tighter than hell now on the One.

I have a feeling if you didn't like the accuracy of the older Fitbit you won't like the wrist models. They get more complaints and they are the same fancy pedometer type tool you didn't like before.

I don't know of a device that combines tracker with HRM except poss. the Polar Loop, and I didn't research it. The Withings Pulse is essentially a Fitbit with a spot HR reading. Not really what you want. The upcoming Amiigo is like a Body Media Fit but worn on the wrist.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my BodyMedia LINK. It is a bit more pricey than others, as well as a monthly subscription fee involved, but it measures EVERYTHING, including my lifting afterburn.
    I had mine for almost a week and already notice a difference, as well as losing 2 lbs. :bigsmile: