What is the best store bought hummus?

Options

Replies

• FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    re is my favorite hummus hands down. I tried Trader Joes store brand and didn't really care for it. I also like to use boasthouse yogurt based dressings. they are usually 40 calries for 2 tablespoons
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried that many brands, but Sabra is def the best store bought that I have tried. My fave is roasted red pepper, but the garlic and the spinach and artichoke are also excellent!
  • kender54
    kender54 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like Trader Joe's Classic (if there's one near you). I also like HyVee's original. I don't like Sabra or Athenos because I can taste the preservatives in them (they taste sour to me).
  • Cairine63
    Cairine63 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like Fontaine Sante, tradional hummus.
    And there are no preservatives in it!
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Mediterranean!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I like Sabra the best of all the national brands that I've tried, but my favorite store-bought hummus of all is a grocery store brand - Publix Cilantro and Jalapeno hummus.

I thought Cedar's was horrible.
  • lydbug08
    lydbug08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i come from a middle eastern background. sabra is definitely the best i've ever had, next to my mom's. i love the pine nut
    flavor. i get the bulk container from costco.
  • shan_0517
    shan_0517 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes Eggplant hummus :flowerforyou:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I usually buy the Aldi store brand. I can't remember its exact name, but it's the only line they typically sell and available in original, garlic lover's (my favorite), roasted red pepper and occasionally other varieties. It is not the creamiest, but it's VERY good!! Cheap, too.

Athenos is creamier and more like restaurant quality to me, but it's also a lot pricier.

I hate Sabra. Bought a huge container and wound up tossing most of it because it was just not that good at all!

ETA I can't believe everyone's in love with Sabra. O_O
    Actually makes me curious enough to try a different variety of Sabra.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Sabra supremely spicy

This...and I add to it 2 chopped up Serrano or Habanero Peppers.

I'm a HOT freak!
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Spicy is my favorite.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I love hummus, but I don't have a favorite. They all taste the same to me and I love all of them!
  • dianacarames
    Options
    I love Sabra.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to make your own. Chick peas, olive oil, tahini paste, water, and whatever seasoning you want. The thing I have learned about hummus is to over season because it seems to absorb all the flavor. Mine is WAY better than store bought, and it is super easy.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes Eggplant hummus :flowerforyou:

Wouldn't that make this baba ghanoush?
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to make your own. Chick peas, olive oil, tahini paste, water, and whatever seasoning you want. The thing I have learned about hummus is to over season because it seems to absorb all the flavor. Mine is WAY better than store bought, and it is super easy.

^ Every single word of this! Homemade hummus is way better and you can change the ingredients and amounts to suit your taste.
  • FitGirlNani
    FitGirlNani Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've tried one a long time ago and it was disgusing. My two favorite brands are Athenos and Sabra.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Summer Fresh and Fontaine Sante (roasted red pepper is my favourite from both brands). You can get the Fontaine Sante at Costco for cheap!
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sabra (or Sabras...Sabre?) It's read and they have a garlic one that is amazing!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Garden Fresh spicy cilantro is my all time favorite!