Hydroxycut stories

Options
Now I know there is no miracle pill but after having my daughter 7 months ago I have been having a hard time dropping weight with diet and exercise alone so after hours of reviewing and reading side effects I have decided to try hydroxycut. Today is day 1 for me and so far no dizziness or side effect at all for that matter. I'm interested in hearing from others who have used this product. How much did you lose? How long were you using it?
Thanks!

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Now I know there is no miracle pill but after having my daughter 7 months ago I have been having a hard time dropping weight with diet and exercise alone so after hours of reviewing and reading side effects I have decided to try hydroxycut. Today is day 1 for me and so far no dizziness or side effect at all for that matter. I'm interested in hearing from others who have used this product. How much did you lose? How long were you using it?
    Thanks!

Starting a thread on hydroxycut suggests otherwise.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut Story:
    Pay Money - Swallow Pill - Get Jittery - Money Wasted

Exercise Story:
    Eat at a reasonable deficit - lift weights - cardio for fun - body of your dreams achieved

:drinker:

ETA: Ok without the sarcasm, dont waste your money, I tried hydroxycut years ago, not worth the price its just a super caffiene pill- If you're not seeing results with eating less and moving more.... youre probably eating more than you think and not moving as much as you thought or not eating enough and moving too much (yep its possible)... buckle down and get your numbers in line first and then trouble shoot from there. Get educated on TDEE-20%

You can also read this
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut Story:
    Pay Money - Swallow Pill - Get Jittery - Money Wasted

Exercise Story:
    Eat at a reasonable deficit - lift weights - cardio for fun - body of your dreams achieved

:drinker:

This... Plus you can get some natural caffinee for a lot cheaper.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    It's not going to do anything. Stop wasting your money.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I have done Hydroxycut also. I don't think its worth the money UNLESS you are using it along with exercise and a healthy eating style.
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Cayenne Pepper capsules are much cheaper.
  • SaraShutler
    Options
    Candidly speaking, I don't like endorsing 'hydroxycut pro clinical'. I wouldn't call this post an endorsement, just an idea of what to expect. If you really want to lose weight quickly this is one way, but for me the side effects outweigh the benefits.

Before I added hydroxycut, I spent 6 weeks working up my endurance. I was running up to 30 miles a week and cross training with three 60 min. bouldering sessions per week. During the first 6 weeks that logged, I lost 3 pounds. For my second 6 week period, I continued my workout regimen and used hydroxycut. I lost 10 lbs during the second 6 week period.

I was really happy with my results, but the side effects were too intense for me to continue. I started getting really lightheaded when I ran or stood up quickly. Everything began to seem "hazy" and I had an incredibly difficult time focusing on simple tasks. I would get really anxious at night and couldn't sleep for more than a couple hours. I felt really sick every time I ate. It also really made my period irregular. I developed acne. When I stopped using it entirely, I experienced withdrawal similar to cutting out coffee.

I would never use this product long term, or even at the recommended dose (my tolerance was half of the recommended dose). If you choose to use Hydroxycut, listen to your body. I feel that it exacerbates underlying issues. Log how you feel through the process and if you cons outweigh the benefits, don't be afraid to stop using it.

-Good luck and good health! I hope this post helps whomever stumbles onto it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    The current formula sucks. Back in the day (late 90's) when ECA stack was fine, it was great.

That said, even with ECA stack, it's only going to attribute to about 1% to your total overall weight loss. Weight loss is more dependent on consistency with calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations on losing 8 lbs. I purchased a bottle of the new Hydroxycut Gummies. Stimulant -free. Sixty gummies for $20 on sale at Rite Aid. I have been chewing two gummies before every main meal. I'm usually lazy, but Hydroxycut makes me feel like exercising. Popped-in a workout DVD and actually completed it.

Cons: Makes me thirsty. Upper torso is moist from a little sweat--it's 20 degrees in Washington and I'm cracking open a window.

God Bless you and your family.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Back in the day (late 90's) when ECA stack was fine, it was great.
    A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

The ECA ( but why the A?) stack is still fine and kicking to this day. What they burn by themselves, yeah, maybe 1% but that never was really the appeal. The appeal was you simply weren't hungry so it was easier to maintain larger deficits which net waaaaay much more than 1%
  • dburton2013
    Options
    For last two months before taking HydroxyCut Pro Clinical Gummies, I cut out a great amount of sugar in my diet as well as Gluten. But even with exercise and eating good I was only maintaining so decided to try this. This is w/o caffeine which is a plus for me.

Day 5 now.
    Here is my review:
    PROS: Gives me more energy w/o caffeine or jitters, tastes great.
    CONS: Has made me crave sugar and breads. The first day I ate a whole box of breakfast bars, couple brownies, soda (haven't had in months), whole box of Girl Scout cookies, and more cookies later. On top of my regular healthy meals!!! Made up for all these months w/o I guess :( I thought ok this was just the first day so will stop after that day...nope...still crave sweets and breads like never before. Although I am resisting it, has made it way more difficult then was doing on my own!!! On top of that it gives me so much energy I have a hard time going to sleep, no sleep...keeps weight on. Before taking this I was maintaining. With it I have actually gained 1 lb in 5 days!!!

I like this for the no caffeine energy but if these cravings don't stop I will have to stop taking these.

Has anyone else had these cravings with these???
  • kelvann
    kelvann Posts: 1
    Options
    I recently started taking the basic formula, and have been using for just over a week. I found that I have lost about 8 lbs. Mind you that this is with my pretty structured diet and a 3 day a week exercise regimen. I don't particularly like breads and stay away from sweets. My main issue though is that I went from several fast paced jobs to a sedentary desk position so I wasn't burning anywhere near as much as I had been. Hydroxycut just keeps my energy up so I can not feel mentally exhausted before I even think about going to the gym. Calories are your enemy! If you cut those down and burn more than you eat, you'll come out losing pounds.
    I have experienced a small appetite suppressing side effect. The main effects people are mentioning were pretty weak in me and waved after the first 2 days. While this may be positive, remember I am only in my first week of this stuff and your body is not mine, so you may not respond the same way. Again, this stuff is not a quick resolution. It is a supplement, one that cannot replace a good diet and/or exercise.
  • dotcomee
    dotcomee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Here's a story:

http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm152152.htm

I'm sure the new formula is much better though. :laugh: