What foods are high in fat and low in carbs and calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Fat contains 9 calories per gram. This is over twice as much as protein or carbohydrates, so there is no such thing as a food that is high in fat and low in Calories.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Fat contains 9 calories per gram. This is over twice as much as protein or carbohydrates, so there is no such thing as a food that is high in fat and low in Calories.
    True as-is, but you can have a food that has a high percentage of fat while being low in carbs and/or protein.

The following site allows you to search for foods that are 'high/low' in a given macro/micro while also being 'low/high' in another:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/nutrient-search
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Pork Rinds, Cheese, Bacon.

This diet please!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The whole point of keto is to focus on the percentage of your macros and ignore calories..............

This terrible advice is exactly why so many people get in trouble of keto diets.

Over-eating is over-eating, no matter what the macros. Low-carb/Paleo/Primal forums are full to the rafters of people who don't understand why they are gaining weight while eating "healthy".

To the OP - high fat foods are by definition high calorie foods.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    A spoon and a can of Crisco?
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    OP, I don't follow the keto plan but my carbs are low enough I'm often in ketosis. My diary is open if you want to take a look. If you open your diary people can take a look at the types of foods you like to eat and maybe offer some suggestions that are more keto friendly than what you've been eating.