Not abandoning but is the sparkle lost?

Options
2»

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    1) Tis the season in Canada to be all moody and "depressed" try taking some D vitamins, I supplement my diet with them during the autumn and winter seasons. They do wonders!
    2) If you think a move is a good idea then maybe it's time to move? I moved from my hometown knowing only 3 people in the City I live in now with a litle over a grand in my savings account. I don't regret a single thing.
    3) You should be eating more! On workout days I'm hitting roughly 2000 calories a day and I do the same amount of workingout per week as you.
    4) You got this, it's just a little blip on the radar.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?

I've noticed what appears to be a correlation between too much of a daily calorie deficit and "depression" (or at least "depression-like tendencies").

I agree with this. If you eating 1300 and not netting 1300 you may need to eat more. Also, add a multivitamin and extra vitamin D.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    you are making a prison for yourself because you are seeing the negatives and making yourself not want to be where you are.

you are saying "if I was travelling around the world, then I'd be happy" - if you cant be happy where you are now, why would you be happy then?

you need to learn to live in the present. stop taking the things you dont like and making a prison for yourself - you need to learn how to say "I wanna be here"

being single means you can do whatever you want. watch movies, read, hang out with friends. snow makes winter pretty! and the apartment is a very important point:

you need to move before july. JULY! J U L Y - thats 7 months away. are you really going to feel bad and anxious for the next seven months over something that will take 2 weeks to sort out? the worst part of it is your negative anticipation. it will totally be fine! you will find a place, moving can be a ***** but its really not that bad. you might even find a great new place! its a good opportunity for a change in scenery for you. you can get into the positive part which is getting rid of the surplus crap you have, streamlining your life and thinking about decorating your new place.

you have a new mindset, and you are working on a new body & you can "out with the old, in with the new" place. sounds pretty exciting really.

with your apartment you are letting your vision of a negative future creep into your present. its not going to happen. it will be fine. just say "pffff, I don't need to worry about that, its gonna be fine" - get back into the present.

when things in your life are bugging you, you need to remember "pff, why am I letting this get me down, I've got an awesome job, I love my life, Im young, I'm single, I don't need someone else to make me happy, I'm living healthy and accomplishing my weightloss goals, I can do whatever I want!

there's a lot of things there that are positive. some of those things you are seeing as a negative. you should stop doing that.

say "i want to be here because...." to the present instead of making your present a prison by saying "ill be happy when..."
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    @jofjltncb6: Don't worry, I'm eating at least 1300 calories a day

Gross 1300 daily calories or net?

Hopefully "net" since you're doing crossfit 3x/week *and* you're running 3x/week.

So I'm not only going to stand by my initial post, but I'm doubling down on it.

You've lost 30 pounds in ~15 weeks. That's 2 pounds/week. These feelings you're having are likely a very normal response to your calorie deficit. I guess you can either power through it or...

...well, I guess that's the only response 95% of MFP wants to hear, so yeah, just power through it. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

Yeah as soon as you start eating back your exercise cals you will feel less "depressed" or "tired" or "fatigued" or "blah". Make sure you are getting enough iron too because iron deficiency anemia caused the tireds and can do worse.

If you have the ability to just chuck it all and leave for a trip around the world, I'd say do that but not until your money runs out. Deposit 1/4 of it in a high interest bearing CD for 9-12 months, (however long you think your other money will last) and set out to see the world while you're young, single, and healthy. Once in a lifetime opportunities only come around once. In. A lifetime. Hence the name. LOL. :wink:
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    @jofjltncb6: Don't worry, I'm eating at least 1300 calories a day

Gross 1300 daily calories or net?

Hopefully "net" since you're doing crossfit 3x/week *and* you're running 3x/week.

So I'm not only going to stand by my initial post, but I'm doubling down on it.

You've lost 30 pounds in ~15 weeks. That's 2 pounds/week. These feelings you're having are likely a very normal response to your calorie deficit. I guess you can either power through it or...

...well, I guess that's the only response 95% of MFP wants to hear, so yeah, just power through it. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

^^^ I am thinking there is a high likelihood of truth here.
  • Ecka_Lanzoni
    Options
    Part of the process is sticking with it when it's boring, annoying, painful, etc. Because, at times, it is all of those things. Change things up if you can, like switch up your exercise or exercise schedule, switch up what you're eating...otherwise, just determine that you''re going to stick with it!

Agreed! You should try different recipes from the countries you´d like to go to, go out with friends to places near your town that remind you of those places you´d like to visit or even to the places you love in your town that make you feel good. We all have those rough patches in our way, but they always go away :)

Also imagine how good and healthy you´ll be in summer if you keep going on... You will see it was all worthy when you get there! Good luck
  • EmmaNilsson77
    EmmaNilsson77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yup. Going through it now. Give yourself something to look forward to. I'm totally voting for the new apartment in another city option. Florence has some surprisingly cheap options, and you can teach ESL til you're sick. That's my next goal... lol. Or maybe just planning a weekend trip would be wiser.
    I'd also look into UV light therapy. Seasonal Affective Disorder is a real thing and can really throw a wrench into an otherwise pretty good life.
    Good luck with it. It's great that you're sticking to your plan despite the mood! When in doubt... just know it'll pass. Eventually, but it will.
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments!

I'd like to add that I love my life here, I just feel like there is a little something missing. Don't worry, I don't stay home crying alone in the dark, I go out with friends et visit my family.

I think i'm gonna look for vitamins, they might be something missing in my diet. I usually net aroung 1350 calories. It might not be eating enough, I think i'm gonna take an appointment with a nutritionnist to look into that.

Thanks all!