I hit my goal weight :)

Options
I started my journey on February 18th, 2013....I have no "ah ha" moment or specific event that made me decide it needed to change, but we celebrated my daughter's 12th birthday that Sunday and on Monday morning the 18th I started logging every bite that I ate. I weighed in at an embarrassing 204. I logged every bite that went into my mouth, I figured out my calories by getting my TDEE-BMR and I stayed under my calories 99% of the days since then. I started out in February walking. When I realized I only had the patience for 40 minutes of exercise I started walking faster for 40 min to burn more calories. Then I started the "run a little" and then walk....."run a little" and then walk. By May I started the C25k program. My Week 1 Day 1 involved me huffing and puffing....but I did it. I also continued to do it until I could run a 5k without stopping in June. I did my first 5k in August and I did a 4 miler on Thanksgiving Day. In just under 10 months I hit my goal weight with a loss of 64 pounds.

Yes, I learned along the way to watch my BMI and I realized that the 140 goal weight I had was in the "normal range" but now that I've hit that I have reset my goal to 135 because that is right in the middle of normal....and "in the middle of normal" sounds so wonderful to me. I couldn't have done it without MFP and the ability to log what I ate and to learn what I could and could not eat/fit into my calorie count and feel like I was full. For anyone in their journey I can tell you that lean meat, fish, nuts, greek yogurt, fruits and veggies are my friends and I learned to be a habitual eater. I eat a similar diet on most days and my body and my appetite seems to be happy with it.

Drink lots of water, eat healthy and move....it doesn't have to be running....walk if you need to but move....the more calories you burn the more successful you can be. I will say that in October I did get a fitbit and I have to admit it works for me wonderfully because I can see what I've burned so I can adjust and "eat" less than I've burned so I am at a deficit....but fitbit is definitely best for for those who walk or run as it's "movement" based.....if you are doing zumba, weight training, etc you will benefit most from an HRM. This really is a long term commitment....don't be in a hurry; allow yourself to really adopt a new way of eating/exercising/thinking....being on a diet to quickly lose weight will likely mean it will be gained back.

For me...although I hit goal weight...it's now time to learn to lift, tone, and sculpt I think.....it's been an incredible year and I'm excited to see what the next year holds for me and what this health journey has to keep teaching me.....thanks MFP :)

goal_weight.jpg

Replies

• linzchapates
    Options
    Congrats! you are a true inspiration :)
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look wonderful!!

I use a bodymedia armband. Not sure how different it is from fitbit, but its very accurate. Even with doing Zumba, and 30DS. Its awesome knowing just how much I can eat a day!
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You look great! I know you will do great on the sculpting and toning.
  • Shellinabobina
    Shellinabobina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is great, very inspirational. You look amazing!
  • twinkelzz
    Options
    You look Awesome! What an inspiration!
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Amazing work and great dedication!! So wonderful to see such awesome results that come from hard work and commitment.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Many congratulations! I just recently hit my goal weight and am finding the Fitbit to be invaluable as well!
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congrats and great job
  • TXSweety09
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! ^5!!!! You look amazing!!! Can't wait until the day I can make this same post!!!
  • thernan3
    Options
    Thank you for that, its really motivating for me to hear, what I did want to ask is what is a MFP?
  • kelli_femrite
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for posting; you have inspired me to keep going on my journey!:smile:
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing job!! I didn't have a real aha moment either. I just decided to start tracking & walking in the jogging stroller with my toddler. Lost 10lbs very quickly & then got motivated to work harder. Hit my first goal 2 weeks ago :)
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Go girl! GREAT JOB ... your arms are so tiny! I like your advice ... my Fitbit has been working great but isn't cutting it when I am lifting ... looking into a HRM soon

50540473.png
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that, its really motivating for me to hear, what I did want to ask is what is a MFP?

MFP = My Fitness Pal :)
  • alecs14
    Options
    great job!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing!! How inspiring also!! Thank you for sharing your story!!
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is fabulous!
  • meandmygirly
    Options
    Inspiration, inspiration, inspiration! Congratulation, congratulation, congratulation!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!