Eating healthy..

Options
I'm wondering how do you guys get motivated to eat healthy??? I workout almost everyday but my calories in are much MUCH higher than my calories out! Do you restrict your calories or just workout a ton??

Replies

• svsilva3
    svsilva3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I restrict calorie intake to about 1500calories per day. I have trouble staying motivated to work out daily.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    it's not ideal to try to outrun a bad diet. For me, I get motivation from spending time with my daughter. She is 2 years old and has more energy that I every thought possible. If I want to keep up with her, I have to ensure I stay in shape, and for me, this means eating healthy.
  • kiluhf2
    Options
    I workout in the morning to get it over with so I don't have to worry about it later in the day! Plus it wakes me up!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Good question - when I started this, the first things I did were to join a gym and tell everyone I knew that I was not on a diet! This was primarily because I did not want busy body people commenting on what I was eating. But, I knew that my eating would change over time. Now I would say I eat a healty diet, I have been called a 'Clean Eater' but I do not believe that I am - If I wanted a Twinkie I would just have and count it :smile:

I think if you are looking to change your eating to a healthier diet you can start with adding just one item at a time for each meal. My eating had to change because I did not like the way I felt, working out with a poor diet is way to hard, muscle aches may not be from working out but from your body seeking nutrients.

If you are trying to lose weight a healthy diet is a must.