I don't think my dog wants me to work out

Options
The devil Really was trying to hold me back this weekend. I ordered a polar f6 and was geeked all week about it. When It finally cam in I opened it and sat it on the bed and left the room (big mistake). When I came back to the room My freakin dog was chewing the straps. I just wanted to cry.

Than today He chewed up my head phones for my eye pod. I don't know about anyone else but I NEED my music to work on the treadmill. It helps me zone out. So I go to the store and buy new head phones. So I grab my ipod and walk to the gym. I take 5 steps out the house and try to turn on the ipod and its DEAD. I just wanted to punch the wall.

Although I am highly pissed right now I just stayed in and did 30-day shreds.

Replies

• JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Argh so sorry to hear that!! Wait until he starts humping you while you exercise lol!!! My dog sometimes does that...It's like okay I guess I'm not allowed to exercise because I'm ignoring you!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Good for you that you turned the negative energy into a workout. I know my "fluffy" cat doesn't want me to work out. She plops on me whenever/if ever I sit down and I literally have to crane her off me. All the while I get this look like "Just sit...relax with me...I'm supposed to bring your blood pressure down...purrrrrrrrr!" Then she'll give me a huffy meow or small grunt when I get up. There is also the ab workout sabotage. Like I need a 13lb cat on my belly during crunches...sounds like it could be a weight loss tool (like a weight training work out) but OUCH those claws really hurt! :wink: I hope things go smoother this week! Maybe your dog was suggesting (in his/her own way) it be included in your workout via a walk? Pesty little buggers but we love them anyway :laugh:
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that.. I couldn't go to the gym without my ipod.

My kitten... yes you heard right.. 4.5 month old Turbo kitten has eaten through the wires of two pairs of hubby's headphones. The first set was a pair of big ones he wasn't overly worried about, but the second set was his ipod set.

The dogs only interrupt me while trying to do P90X... I start running in place and corgi thinks this is some kind of invitation for attention and starts jumping up at me. Then of course anytime the move involves getting on the floor BOTH dogs are like ooohhhh pets?! Are you coming down to pet/play with us?!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    sound like that dog needs a kentle. I hate it when my Ipod dies in mid workout
  • 194Days
    194Days Posts: 16
    Options
    maybe your dog just wants to work out with you... no more chewing because his energy will be burned off and he will be the best workout buddy EVER!
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    when i workout like do the pushups or lay on the carpet and do floor exercises, my little dog would come up to me and gets in my way, or starts licking my face or rubs his head into my hair. but when i want to go for a walk he jumps up and tries to grab my shorts and tries to bite my shorts so i won't leave him, and barks at, so i have to hurry up and grab my things and throw one of his snacks, so i can leave.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that.. I couldn't go to the gym without my ipod.

My kitten... yes you heard right.. 4.5 month old Turbo kitten has eaten through the wires of two pairs of hubby's headphones. The first set was a pair of big ones he wasn't overly worried about, but the second set was his ipod set.

The dogs only interrupt me while trying to do P90X... I start running in place and corgi thinks this is some kind of invitation for attention and starts jumping up at me. Then of course anytime the move involves getting on the floor BOTH dogs are like ooohhhh pets?! Are you coming down to pet/play with us?!

Sorry to hear about that:sad: , but the stroy about the dogs wanting ur attention made me laugh:laugh: not that im laughing at you, just laughing because i know what it's like to be interuppted by pets that know when your doing something eithre important or interuppting something that better's you!
  • mlipsey
    mlipsey Posts: 34
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean when you talk about AB sabotage. Bear will get to jumping and climbing on my like I'm his bed. (thank god he is ONLY 4lbs and not 13lbs) When I put him in his kettle he just barks at me. I think I'm going to lock him in my bed room next time. Oh yeah and I bought this no biting spray and sprayed it all over my head phones and than sprayed his mouth. He didn't like it. So I pray he doesn't try that again