He said what?

Options
Mirabilis
Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
Yesterday I went to my doc because of a reaction I got from taking Crestor (cholesterol meds). When he came into the examining room, his eyes bugged out, which is unusual for him, not to mention funny to watch. After he recovered himself, he said "It's just that there's so much less of you! You look really good!"

Then he realized he made what could be perceived as a "man" comment and quickly said, "I mean you look really healthy!" I was pretty happy about that, given that he's really dishy, but that's not what I was there for. Then I explained about the Crestor. He said, "Well, you might not need these drugs anymore. Let's do a blood test and figure it out from there."

As it turns out, the weight I had already lost brought my blood sugar down to normal as well.

As of today, I'm 45 pounds down since February, and I might very well be off drugs to boot. I feel like I might have just got a "Get Out of Jail Free" card!

:happy:

Mirii

Replies

• maggiemay20
    Options
    Wow WTG !!!!
  • triciamarie
    triciamarie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good for you girl :) that's great!
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is fantastic news ~ way to go!!!! :happy:
  • corena
    corena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is awsome, keep up the good work!!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! My Doc noticed I had lost weight at my last appointment as well, it's a great feeling!!
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    What great news - both the being taken off meds AND the compliment from your doctor! Congrats!
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    Congrats!! That's awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyEscape
    Options

As of today, I'm 45 pounds down since February, and I might very well be off drugs to boot. I feel like I might have just got a "Get Out of Jail Free" card!

Mirii

Sounds like a " get back years of your life" card to me :-) WTG!!!!!
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I dream of my doctor saying that to me!!! Congrats!!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Off some meds. Excellent!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    That is SO amazing! Congratulations lady! :D
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Wow well done!! That's great you're off meds too!

I wish my doctor could one day tell me I can stop taking blood pressure meds but unfortunately my doc told me that I have to take them for life. No matter how healthy I eat or how much exercise I do, my blood pressure will still be high because of my kidney illness.

I want to prove him wrong. Miracles do happen...
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Mirii! That's wonderful news! :D You've done an amazing job at getting healthier! You should be so proud of yourself. :D
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Excellent!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    that's great! That's what it's all about!
  • skylersnanna
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling knowing your making yourself healthy to the point you dont need medication for various thing, great job
  • peanut1967
    peanut1967 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's such a great result! I think I would have started to cry ;-)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to my doc because of a reaction I got from taking Crestor (cholesterol meds). When he came into the examining room, his eyes bugged out, which is unusual for him, not to mention funny to watch. After he recovered himself, he said "It's just that there's so much less of you! You look really good!"

Then he realized he made what could be perceived as a "man" comment and quickly said, "I mean you look really healthy!" I was pretty happy about that, given that he's really dishy, but that's not what I was there for. Then I explained about the Crestor. He said, "Well, you might not need these drugs anymore. Let's do a blood test and figure it out from there."

As it turns out, the weight I had already lost brought my blood sugar down to normal as well.

Mirii

WTG, that is excellent news!

Losing the weight is one thing, but couple that with the possibility of perhaps not having to take the drugs any longer and it is a massive bonus to say the least!!
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    That's excellent! I got the same reaction when I have my annual review for my type 2 Diabetes.
    Last year before I started losing weight my bloods were 7.7 and my cholesterol was 5.9.
    This year after losing 25lbs (at the time of the review) my bloods were down to 7.1 and my cholesterol was down to 4.9.
    The diabetic nurse was like that's amazing! It's a great feeling isn't it? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!