What do you do to keep going?

vanzeem
vanzeem Posts: 107
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So, i've been on here for a while and lost a little... and then i started slacking (BIG TIME). At a family reunion over the weekend my sister-in-law took a picture of me and my youngest i look horrible!!! So, i guess that's my motivation, but i'm just not sure what to eat or what to do. I have a VERY hard time exercising because i work 40 + hours a week and have two children (ages 1 and 2). I guess i just need to quit making excuses and get up in the morning a DO IT!! What does everyone else do to help keep your motivation? Or what do you feel is your key to weight loss?

Replies

• DKWaggoner
    DKWaggoner Posts: 185
    My motivation is to be healthy & keep my diabetes in control. As far as exercising..i am sorry but your right..no more excuses! I made them too for a long time.But any trainer or any person serious about being healthy will tell you that you gotta exercise!
    Make those precious children your motivation & you will move mountains!!
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Everyday When I Wake Up I Think To Myself "Today Is A New Day. I Have Another Chance To Get It Right." It Used To Be That If I Had Slipped Off For A Day I Would Feel Guilty And Continue Those Bad Habits But I Realized That The One Day Would Not Sabotage My Diet Unless I Allowed It To. Learn To Forgive Yourself And Start The Day Anew.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Thinking about what I'll look like when I'm done... and how much better I'll feel. i also plan when I'm going to the gym when I get my schedule from my second job.... and I put my clothes in the car in the morning on my way to my first job!! Just need to get into some form of a routine.... it makes all the difference!! You'll do great!!! :)
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    What keeps me motivated is wanting to be my fittest by the time I hit 30, and rewarding myself with a trip to Thailand on my 30th (it's 2 yrs away).

Also, working out helps me take my mind off troubling stressful things in life.
    Exercising is "me time" and I look forward to it each day. I don't look at it as a chore now. I look at it as replenishing positive energy.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    the mirror :tongue:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member

lol, isn't that the truth, I have a pic of me at my heaviest on the fridge door..and man I never wanna go back there. As far as excuses go, that's something you have to stop. I work about 65hours a week and i'm rasing six kids solo...I've never nce used that as an excuse.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    wow that is awesome :flowerforyou: well i had let my self go for a long time :mad: now!!! still in progress but 43 looking feeling good i still have pics of me close to 300 hundred on phone computer

lol, isn't that the truth, I have a pic of me at my heaviest on the fridge door..and man I never wanna go back there. As far as excuses go, that's something you have to stop. I work about 65hours a week and i'm rasing six kids solo...I've never nce used that as an excuse.
  • psarah
    psarah Posts: 84
    My motivation is wanting to ride rides at amusment park without being embarassed, be comfortable on an airplane, run a marathon, go hiking in the mountains, and of course look sexy in Lingerie.:love:
    I just take one day at a time...
  • eve180
    eve180 Posts: 51 Member
    Well, everyone is motivated differently. About 5 years ago I joined Weight Watchers because I didn't know what to eat, yep it sounds crazy...:laugh: I had lost 20 lbs before I joined and lost another 20lbs when I joined. I've gained 10-15lbs over the years but I always catch myself before I gain anymore. I have a special number that I have in mind. When I see that number on the scale I know that I have gone too far...lol.

I began looking online for receipes on allreceipes.com and other sites. Everytime I saw a receipe I wrote it down or tore the pageout. Now, I am single so what I cook no one complains about...lol. You must make time for breakfast (oatmeal, raisin brand, hard boiled eggs and turkey bacon, lunch a can of soup and grill cheese, tuna, grill chicken breast over a salad, baked fish (breaded oven baked fish). I had to do your part and research somethings. Everyweek I buy fruit (grapes, pears, bananas, peaches, and some times carrots). I made some sugar free peach jello (40 calories for the entire container, 4 servings) to take to work tomorrow. These are just some ideas and I hope they help. I try different receipes with eggplant, spinach, squash and I recently tried a receipe (cabbage, kielbsa (??) sausage, and onions (got the receipe from a coworker and then I saw it on allreceipes.com). It was great!!!!

To answer your question, what keeps me going? It depends on the day or the month. I usually care when I can't get into my jeans, I see a picture of myself, going to a baby shower, or seeing friends I haven't seen in a while..lol

I hope this helps...Good luck :wink:

Eve
This discussion has been closed.