Tablets?

Options
Navallez
Navallez Posts: 436 Member
Hey everyone I need some help...looking for a cheap tablet for my kids ages 7 and 10 I dont want a kid tablet but I do want an inexpensive one since it will only be used to play a few games and watch videos...any suggestions?

Replies

• batesmama
    batesmama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My kids (6 and 10) have a Kindle Fire. You can buy the basic model for around $100 or even less if you by a refurbished one (same warranty as new). They have great parental controls and a huge selection of books, apps and more.
  • Lestaticon
    Lestaticon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you can get a Kindle Fire for $100 as batesmama mentioned, then I would recommend that as the hardware is pretty good. However, if not, these seem ok and are cheap:

http://www.amazon.com/Y88-1024x600-Pre-load-Supported-TabletExpress/dp/B00E435N1A/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386699455&sr=1-8

Both the Kindle Fire and this tablet are android tablets.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Kindle Fire HD for my kids this year. Great deal on them. Good parental controls. other tablets have the cameras on them and even though I try to observe everything they are doing I do not trust them having something with a camera on it yet that can be connected to the internet. If they want to skype with their uncles they can do that on the computer when I am there to set it up.
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    I'm getting my 8 year old one for Christmas. Leaning towards the 7" Samsung for $159. Interested in other opinions.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Kindle Fire are the cheapest!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    i got my kids (10, 7 and 7) the Kindle Fire HD. As mentioned, no camera and good parental controls. They were $139 each, with free shipping.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Kindle Fire HD for my kids this year. Great deal on them. Good parental controls. other tablets have the cameras on them and even though I try to observe everything they are doing I do not trust them having something with a camera on it yet that can be connected to the internet. If they want to skype with their uncles they can do that on the computer when I am there to set it up.

LOVE your parenting style! Too many kids just run free with technology...This is refreshing.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone this really helps :0
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Kindle Fire. The Amazon Freetime app (parental controls) is great, especially with the subscription that gives the kid access to massive amounts of 'free' age-appropriate content.