Working out in the dreaded winter

Options
13»

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! My local small gym is so close that I walk to it, and now it's too cold to do so :sad: . So I've opted to just use the old treadmill in my basement. The display screen doesn't work anymore, but the belt still does and it gets the job done!
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    My dog makes sure I get out every morning. Otherwise I too would snuggle down and stay longer under the covers!

ETA: GET A DOG?!? :laugh: :drinker:

THIS! Once I walk my Pup, I am awake and already in my gear so no excuse!
  • hiphoorae
    Options
    I KNOW HOW IT IS JUST TO STAY IN THAT WARM SNUGGLE OF A BED WHEN THE WINDCHILL IS 10 DEGREES OR LESS LIKE TODAY. IN WINTERS PAST I HAVE RELIED ON MY INDOOR CYCLE AND WORKOUT AND WALKING VIDEOS TO KEEP ME ACTIVE . BEARS HIBERNATING IN WINTER WERE SMART. THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO WORKOUT ANYMORE AND STILL LOST WEIGHT. THAT IS A LOUSY APPLICATON FOR US HOMO SAPIENS..
  • hiroselee
    hiroselee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    okay, this is what I used to do when I lived outside DC and had to get up between 4-4:30 in order to get to the gym before work.

I laid my shoes by the front door with a towel, water, etc.
    SLEPT in my gym clothes

So, when my alarm went off...I may as well get up and go b/c I'm already dressed, just brush teeth :smile: It worked for me for 4-5 years, then we got rid of our gym membership and put in our own gym in our house...now I NEVER have an excuse not to workout! :bigsmile:

wow sleeping in the gym clothes! that's such a good idea! I may have to do that... thanks for the tips :)