Greek Yogurt + ranch seasoning...omg

Options
JatieKo621
JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
Hahah just thought I would let everyone know HOW AMAZING nonfat plain greek yogurt (I like Oikos) mixed with hidden valley ranch seasoning is. Seriously. I had used greek yogurt + sriracha a lot (reminds me of spicy mayo) but I was crazing ranch with veggies.....instead I mixed in a little bit of a packet (do how much you want) into a cup of greek plain yogurt...

AMAZING.

My southern craving for ranch is now satisfied. I am pretty happy :)

Replies

• JatieKo621
    Options
    Whoops not crazing hahah I was CRAVING* My bad!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you could cook with it. Like, put the yogurt/ranch mix on some chicken or something. Or even mixed in with steamed veggies. That just sounds so yummy to me right now!
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I mixed it with steamed veggies and it was AWESOME. I even added some sriracha (cause I LOVE it spicy!) and it was fantastic. I have never cooked with greek yogurt before but that is an interesting idea...mmmm might have to try that out! I know some people put mayo on chicken and then bread crumbs, I don't see why you couldn't do the same with greek yogurt and have a lot more protein. Thanks for the idea!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you could cook with it. Like, put the yogurt/ranch mix on some chicken or something. Or even mixed in with steamed veggies. That just sounds so yummy to me right now!

yup, you can.

I use it to coat chicken too, before adding bread crumbs and roasting. Comes out crisp and delicious, almost like fried. Almost.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    ha. Jatie, *Jinx*.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Of course you could cook with it :), Indian cuisine use lots of yogurt for marinading the meat and also to thicken curries.
  • JatieKo621
    Options

yup, you can.

I use it to coat chicken too, before adding bread crumbs and roasting. Comes out crisp and delicious, almost like fried. Almost.

Haha almost is good enough for me! Thank you for letting me know, I am all about finding healthy alternatives that trick me into believing they are just as tasty as the real thing! :)
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    ha. Jatie, *Jinx*.

Good timing!
  • vanessaenlow
    vanessaenlow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing, since I hate the thought of ranch being made with mayo yet love the taste of ranch. I hate mayo! I want to try this and make a dip for my potluck that's coming up!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    ha. Jatie, *Jinx*.

Good timing!

Right?

Greek yogurt and salsa, too. For dressing on tacos and taco salad, and delish on top baked potatoes.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    FINALLY, I have been waiting for someone to report on this idea before I splurged the some odd dollars to try it myself. (why is it so hard to waste money on food you think you might not eat?)
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Hahah just thought I would let everyone know HOW AMAZING nonfat plain greek yogurt (I like Oikos) mixed with hidden valley ranch seasoning is. Seriously. I had used greek yogurt + sriracha a lot (reminds me of spicy mayo) but I was crazing ranch with veggies.....instead I mixed in a little bit of a packet (do how much you want) into a cup of greek plain yogurt...

AMAZING.

My southern craving for ranch is now satisfied. I am pretty happy :)

Yep !
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    ha. Jatie, *Jinx*.

Good timing!

Right?

Greek yogurt and salsa, too. For dressing on tacos and taco salad, and delish on top baked potatoes.
    hungry
  • cmriverside
    Options
    ha. Jatie, *Jinx*.

Good timing!

Right?

hungry

I haz a suggestion.

EAT!!!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I love it. Try it with a couple teaspoons of dry lipton onion soup mix. It tastes just like onion dip.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I love it. Try it with a couple teaspoons of dry lipton onion soup mix. It tastes just like onion dip.

OMGOMGOMG all teh ideas...this thread is GOLD!!!!!!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ckone4me
    ckone4me Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This all sounds delicious to me and I am going to try all of the ideas.... onion dip too, this thread iS gold!
  • FitnessMeagan1105
    FitnessMeagan1105 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Now I know what we're having for dinner tomorrow night. Sounds awesome - thank you!