How do you feel about one piece of candy a day?

Options
I have a bit of a sweet tooth and I noticed that right before I go to bed I start to get stomach grumbles and discomfort. Last night I was able to smooth my stomach and fall asleep by having one Starbrust. Now I know the whole "Candy is bad statement" but would eating one once a day kill me if it stayed under or near my calorie range? Or if I should not eat the candy what should I do to shut my stomach up? Thanks!

Replies

• red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    do what you want
  • wdwmindy
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with going to bed hungry. Or drinking a glass of water to help satisfy your tummy.

As long as you stay within your calorie goals and are eating nutritious food for your meals you should be fine eating a pc of candy a day. I eat chocolate every single day. I'm still losing weight.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a sweet tooth and I noticed that right before I go to bed I start to get stomach grumbles and discomfort. Last night I was able to smooth my stomach and fall asleep by having one Starbrust. Now I know the whole "Candy is bad statement" but would eating one once a day kill me if it stayed under or near my calorie range? Or if I should not eat the candy what should I do to shut my stomach up? Thanks!

You've got to eat as though you are going to stick to this plan for the rest of your life.

Are you never going to eat a Starburst again? Of course not, and as long as you leave room in your day for what you love, it will help you stick to the lifestyle.

*takes another swig of JD/Coke*
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    if it works for you , GO FOR IT.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros, go for it!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I feelz that one piece of candy is unnecessary cruelty. To your tummy.

Edited for clarity.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    ONE? One Starburst? The Humanity.

:sad:
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    eat in moderation sweets can work better to eat in small doses than to wait and then binge on them. I eat ice cream daily it works for me to keep weight on in protein shakes and it was actually started my a detician so moderation is the key
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I could never eat just ONE Starburst.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I had to Google those candies, I think that a single one doesn't even impact on your intake at all. You could easily eat half the pack and still be into your daily goal.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Candy is not "bad". The ice cream I eat every day is not "bad". There is no such thing as "bad" food. Cut that out.

If you have a sweet tooth, enjoy treats, as long as they fit your caloric and macronutrient goals for the day.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I just had three Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses. Candy isn't inherently bad, as long as you have it in moderation. Eating a whole bag of Starbursts isn't good, but having one, two, or even three is fine.
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    I feel better about 20 pieces.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    One piece of candy a day? Totally not enough.
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, there's nothing wrong with one starburst. It's eating a whole packet of them every day that would be a problem. The only thought I did have though is that if you're having one before bed maybe make sure you eat it before you brush your teeth.

I actually had a nutritionist tell me once that we all need something sweet in our lives every now and then. :)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    "Candy is bad statement"

Wut...no. I feel that one piece a day would just tick me off. If it fits into your calorie allotment for the day, then have at it.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I eat candy everyday about 5 pieces at night. No big deal. I burn them anyway
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    That's fine.

Many people allocate 10-20% of their total calorie intake to some kind of "junk" food so don't be afraid to have a little more of what you fancy ;)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, there's nothing wrong with one starburst. It's eating a whole packet of them every day that would be a problem. The only thought I did have though is that if you're having one before bed maybe make sure you eat it before you brush your teeth.

No. Well, ok, only if you exceed your calorie goal and it keeps you from hitting your macro targets. But even then, every now and then, it wouldn't kill you.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i eat atleast a candy or ice cream or both everyday and it has not affected me until now and i will not stop eating them!