Hi I'm new and I have a question

Options
Hello! I'm going to be 24 in 4 days and I have been chubby my entire life. I have been trying to lose weight on and off for the past few years and I am done trying. I need to lose about 80-100 pounds. I was also wondering about entering in my job as a waitress in as exercise. There isn't an option for that so I have been putting in walking, but it seems like I'm over too many calories. I'm confused and would greatly appreciate some help!

Replies

• shari253
    shari253 Posts: 202
    Options
    Generally people dont count their normal daily activities as exercise. The only count exercise beyond their normal activity level. The way you adjust for an active occupation is to pick whether you are sendentary, moderately active, very active, etc when you fill out your profile. If you cannot find where you do that, I will look and help you.
  • Suwanna
    Suwanna Posts: 9
    Options
    Walking half an hour a day is a good start so why not take it from there, you can build up to longer if and when your ready....It's what I do.... GOOD LUCK:flowerforyou:
  • cbirchett58
    cbirchett58 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thank you both! I did fill out active, I wasn't sure about that.
  • deja11293
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 46 yr old grandma of 3, and have been heavy all my life. Now I have 3 wonderful reasons to finally lose it. I started my diet about a month ago, but just recently found this place. I love being able to let the pc count my calories. It's made things so much easier. But I have a question. Is anyone else here considering Lapband surgery? I've started the process with my clinic but haven't set a date yet. I know others who have had the surgery and have had wonderful results. I want to do it because I don't know if I can keep the weight off forever myself. So far I have lost 11 lbs. My goal is about 130 all together. Anyway just looking for others thoughts on things.... Brenda