Aussies - Silly question, but I need help finding the right

MissSusieQ
MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been doing pretty well translating my aussie diet into the american diary, but there's just a few things that I can't find...

green capsicum. what would it be listed as?

Replies

• happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Find a picture of a Bell Pepper and see if that's it.

edit: I found a picture of the green capsicum, and that's definitely listed as Bell Pepper in the database. They come in green, yellow, red, and orange and they have different calorie counts, so be sure you pick the green one.
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Chili pepper.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Lol i just looked on Wiki & it says Green pepper, chilli pepper or sweet pepper... =)
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    green capsicum. what would it be listed as?

Just looked in the Add food section and capsicum's are in there... both red and green?? Careful when you input things into the search because if you misspell it or have a typo it doesnt come up...
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    capsicum= bell pepper in America. In MFP, look under "peppers, sweet green, raw"
    I used to work with a bunch of aussies & brits...
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    I'm a kiwi and we call them capsicums too. They're the hollow kind of ummm.. succulent peppers, not hot chili peppers, usually green or red or yellow.

These..

capsicum.jpg
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Yup, in the States, they are red, green and yellow peppers. I see orange ones occasionally in the grocery as well.

Just thinking, the tongue twister "Peter Piper pick a pack of pickled peppers....etc." must sound a little different in Australia. Somehow, "Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled capsicums....":noway: :noway: just doesn't seem quite the same!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.